The ill-fated Son Of Beast

  • pgeoffries
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 3 9:18 PM
      SON OF BEAST<br><br>Prelude To
      Disaster<br><br>Despite the publicity of Paramount's Kings Island's
      latest Son Of Beast, many key factors have been
      overlooked which should be brought to the
      forefront.<br><br>This is the same contraption which was blown by high
      winds January 11th, thus resulting in maximum fines and
      penalties per OSHA who had been investigating since August
      9th. Failing to open on time, park officials blamed
      wintry conditions and two lightning strikes to the
      structure which caused collapse. Then the publicist of the
      park attempted to make everyone believe, through
      various press releases, that 15 feet of track had to be
      restructured. At 78 m.p.h., 15 feet is merely a fraction. More
      recently, it was reported in the Dayton Daily News (June
      26,2000) the ride "was shut down abruptly when an
      electronic sensor spotted a problem that apparently didn't
      exist." The article continues with, "After the sensor was
      replaced, some test runs were made and the ride reopened"
      three hours later.<br><br>The manufacturer of Son Of
      Beast, the Rollercoaster Corporation of America of
      Atlanta, GA, built the Rattler in San Antonio back in 1992
      at Fiesta Texas, now a Six Flags park, which settled
      a $16 million class-action suit for injuries. As
      well, the operators of 16 story wooden installations,
      three total in the U.S., The Rattler included, have all
      stated to Not exceed 16 stories as the stress and wear
      is too much. Son Of Beast is 22 stories.
      which comprise a wood coaster's track, is merely bolted
      to welded cross-ties attached to the eleven story
      box-beam frame forming the loop. Wood and steel are two
      very different properties. The lumber can and will
      crack, chip, warp, and split all within a matter of
      seconds. Will the staff be qualified to assist when the
      inevitable occurs?<br><br>Given that Paramount's Kings
      Island is unable to staff hired employees, they have
      resorted to filling positions with volunteer groups. When
      they arrive by the busloads, the few members of the
      hired staff are sent home as a means of providing a
      greater tax credit. Last year, one volunteer made it
      known to many that he was "working for Jesus". There
      are no means of responsibility if you're working for
      Jesus, (no offense to Jesus). <br><br>Another element
      never discussed are the repeated nightmares experienced
      by a local Native American in which the train of the
      Son Of Beast leaves the track in the loop. This same
      individual foresaw his parent's plane crash several years
      prior to its occurrence and told the pilot one month
      before where to crash land. Keep in mind Paramount's
      Kings Island is built upon Native Grounds. Reportedly,
      the construction crew of Adventure Express were
      terrified to go into the woods because of a "noticeable
      presence". Those woods and its "presence" were eleminated to
      bring about the Son Of Beast.<br><br>Finally, why would
      those whose marketing is geared towards family members
      intentionally name their ride with the innuendo of S.O.B.--not
      to mention violent, profane, restricted films? This
      is the same facility whose water park is built with
      overhead power lines running right down the center and
      whose ride queues are littered with trash and animal
      feces by the MOUNDS.<br><br>There are safer and cleaner
      establishments to attend. Paramount's Kings Island is not one of
      Inc.<br>(An edited version of this article appeared in
      June16th, 2000 IMPACT WEEKLY).
    • welchruddy
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 8, 2000
        hey paul lay off the crak mmmmkkkkk. i love the park and dip shit i loved working there are you so hoped up on crak that you dont see people having fun p.k.i rules so shuv it.:)
      • cincy12379
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 9, 2000
          Its good to know that I am not the only one who
          is sick of this "Invetigative Reporter" guy ragging
          on KI. He seems to have a real attitude. Paul, let
          me guess, you think Bill clinton is good president
          and we should elect his idiot lackey AL Gore right.
          I've seen your web site and I really have to question
          whether or not you are a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
        • pgeoffries
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 30, 2000
            I haven't said a word in over a month and, still,
            some little people whose choice of vocabulary not only
            leaves much to be desired, but is also in violation of
            FCC laws, have just blown all out of proportion. If
            you don't like what the Warren County Clerk Of
            Court's office has on file, take it up with them. As for
            my choice of presidents, you are absolutely
            incorrect about my so-called adoration with the current
            administration who has taken up residency in the White House On
            Red Square. Additionally, having resided in Orlando,
            your plasticated town is a worthless plot of
            fiberglass over-run by degenerates who are worth nothing
            more than minimum wage thus increasing the crime rate
            to supercede Miami. Regarding Kings Island, it is
            the Paramount ownership which has decreased the
            number of attractions and allowed a mass of filth and
            decay to take over what was once a place of delight.
            Now they are even more unable to staff thus closing
            the gates on weekdays on the third week of August.
            The continued threat of Safety is an issue the
            aforementioned clerk of court's office is pursuing endlessly.
            No, I have not an ounce of respect for what park
            officials have done there. Any one with a sense of Reality
            would feel the same. Sorry to say, you both are
            Extremely outnumbered. In final, give your holes a much
            needed rest.
          • justin_luvin
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 7, 2000
              Okay listen I am a season pass holder at KI and
              YES! they are short of staff that's because all of us
              teens want to work at Abercrombie and other prep
              stores. So what. they will soon get more people after all
              we are there to have fun and not to whien about of
              understaff they are.
            • pgeoffries
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 12, 2000
                Yet another unenlightened season pass holder. The type who goes to a facility where Safety has become an issue beyond definition. Enjoy the Threat, oh ye of little brains.
              • fangsux
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 5, 2001
                  Our inept management at PKI is selling the King
                  Cobra: <a href=http://www.italintl.com target=new>http://www.italintl.com</a> Perhaps when they get
                  fed-up with The Racer or The Beast they'll remove those,
                  too. This is an outrage, especially in Ohio where the
                  War is Raging! What a waste to spend all that money
                  on a paint job two years ago and now dispose of it
                  forgetting that it was the first stand-up in the U.S. Who
                  cares if it is not the tallest, fastest, etc. It is an
                  original with a duplicate only in Toronto. The Virginia
                  version is different and severely Painful. No stand-up
                  from B&M offers the negative g's quite like it. There
                  is Nothing Sacred Anymore.