Re: Does Kierkegaard take subjectivity too far?

  • jimstuart46
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 16, 2011
      Kenneth,

      Thank you for reminding me that certain essential Kierkegaardian themes are not emphasized in FT.

      Consciousness of guilt, consciousness of sin, and a clear conception of eternal happiness are central to Kierkegaard. Arguably, by focusing on the Abraham of FT without reference to these aspects of subjectivity, I am considering Abraham out of context.

      jim_the-aesthete
    • jimstuart46
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 16, 2011
        Jim R,

        You write:

        << In that case "objective reliability" is the opposite of, not synonymous with, "objective uncertainty." >>

        Yes, I got myself in a muddle, I really meant "the more objective certainty, the more objective reliability; the more objective uncertainty, the less objective reliability".

        For the rest, I think we are pretty much in agreement. In fact in my previous post, I hadn't really meant to disagree with you; rather I just wanted to put the thoughts in my own way.

        Thank you for the discussion.

        jim_the_aesthete