RE: [Kierkegaardians] Time

  • Don Anderson
    Message 1 of 203 , Jul 3, 2010

      Jim, it seems to me that it is very important to recognize what is meant when it is said, “the moment is that point where eternity touches time or comes into time.” This is an extraordinary moment and yet it is always there at every moment. So that time does not in fact separate us from the eternal, the incarnation or any other eternal moment. The eternal is eternal and unchanging at whatever moment it touches time. It encompasses all moments in any one moment.

      In PC Anti-Climacus talks about two views of history (p 23 ff in Hong) – profane history and sacred history. Profane history is history in time, as I read it, and is about knowledge but Anti-Climacus insists that nothing can be known about Christ (I take it that he is speaking of Christ as eternal), but that it must be believed. He asks the question, “can one come to know about Christ from history?” His answer is simply “No.” (p 25). By history here he means profane history, history in time. Is there an eternal history, the history faith knows? I must posit and experience the eternal now before the reality of the incarnation in time comes into view for me. So objective time does not matter, only that we believe Jesus was Christ.

      Perhaps this is what you are saying below I am not sure.

      Donald "Don" Anderson

      Email: don@...

      Home Phone: 808-961-6460

      Message 203 of 203 , Jul 17, 2010
        Don --

        When you get back, come up with some specific quotations that actually support your claims, or respond to the quotations I've already provided.