Re: [Kierkegaardians] Re: Jim's book

    Message 1 of 203 , Jun 9, 2010
      Thanks, Ron.

      You know, that book is crazy expensive.  It's only being produced in library-ready copies -- hardcover with no dust jacket (title and cover design printed onto the cover), acid-free paper, etc.  But, if anyone wants a signed copy, mail your copy to me with return postage (SASE) and I'll sign it and mail it back.  I'd pay for return postage myself, but the return postage for the book would take up more than half of my royalty for that copy of the book.  Seriously.  This is not a money-making venture.  Since my own royalty is so low, I don't get a bunch of cheap copies that I can sell.  I'd have to purchase them myself at an author's discount of around 35%, which is basically the discounted price that I've seen on amazon.com

      You can mail your copies, with an SASE, to

      Jim Rovira
      Bridgewater House
      Tiffin University
      155 Miami Street
      Tiffin, OH 44883

      I'm fortunate to have you and Don as interested readers and do care what both of you think about it.  It will be nice to know that, before I died, I had four good readers of my book: my wife, my colleague Sherry, and you and Don.  Ha :).

      Don't pay more than about $70 for it if you order through amazon.com, though.  I have discount forms allowing you to order them at around that price for both the UK and the US.  Email me privately and I can email the .pdf to you.

      Better way to go might be to order it for a local or university library then check it out when it arrives.

      Jim

      PS Ron, do you live within reasonable driving distance of Toronto?  Think you might be going to that Blake symposium?

      On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:33 AM, roncriss <roncriss@...> wrote:

      Jim,

      I just looked at your book on Amazon.com with their "in the book" feature. Congratulations! It looks like an interesting synthesis and I hope the first of many such works on our boys. Any way to get signed copies?

      Ron

      Message 203 of 203 , Jul 17, 2010
        Don --

        When you get back, come up with some specific quotations that actually support your claims, or respond to the quotations I've already provided.