RE: [Kierkegaardians] Is the immediate aesthete innocent?

  • Don Anderson
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 3, 2010

      JimR, we are so far apart in our interpretations of K’s texts that it just is not worth it to attempt any serious discussion. Have a nice day.

      Don

      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 3, 2010

        David J Kangas, “Kierkegaard’s Instant: On Beginnings” Indiana University Press, 2007.

        The title pretty well says it all. Kangas makes a close reading of several of K’s early pseudonymous texts including CI, E/O, F&T, and CA. He reads them from the point of view of K’s philosophy of existence. He explicates K’s similarity to and difference from the German Idealists and his reliance upon the mystical apophatic  tradition which was very influential on the idealists especially Schelling and the Danish romantics.

        Amy Laura Hall, “Kierkegaard and the Treachery of Love,” Cambridge UP, 2002.

        A close reading of E/O II from the p.o.v. of “The Works of Love.”

        Robert L. Perkins, International Kierkegaard Commentary,” Vol. 3, p 51-72.

        Interesting discussion of the five Danish words for different levels of desire. Clearly there is more to sort out. A great subject for study.