Re: [Kierkegaardians] Re: The theoretical, the ideal and the real

    Message 1 of 79 , Dec 30, 2009
      Don --

      Climacus in the passage you quoted seems to me to be talking about how a subjective thinker thinks, and characterizes the subjective thinker by how he thinks -- so it's very hard not to call this a description of subjective thinking.

      I agree with you, though, that generally K is more concerned with the thinker than the thinking, and I bet you're right that the phrase "subjective thinker" would appear a lot more in his writing than "subjective thinking."

      Jim R

      On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:13 AM, Don Anderson <don@...> wrote:

      K does not say that this is subjective thinking. He talks about a subjective thinker but not about subjective thinking. Kp’s always talk about subjective thinkers not subjective thinking where K describes subjective thinking as anything other than abstract and universal.