Re: [Kierkegaardians] Re: new to S. K. group too

    Message 1 of 131 , Apr 7 10:48 AM
      Teresa -- we have had long and drawn out discussions about K's
      relationship to Christianity/Christendom on this forum.

      I think K distinguishes between Christianity and Christendom, don't
      think K is opposed to creedal Christianity and in fact draws a great
      deal from his study of theology, and makes the creeds central to his
      thought. Without, for example, the doctrine of the incarnation, there
      is no contradiction forcing the leap from Religiousness A to
      Religiousness B -- no facing the contradiction and offense to thought
      inherent in the dogma that God became human about 2000 years ago and
      that this fact is still important to us today. Subjectively
      appropriated, this beliefs transforms our existence in K's opinion.
      That, I believe, is central to Climacus's argument in CUP, at any
      rate.

      But at the same time, it's not getting the details of the creed
      precisely right and knowing its history that is important to K, but
      subjectively appropriating this truth.

      Jim R

      Message 131 of 131 , May 7, 2009
        Don -- I'll visit the group page and try to hunt down previous
        to this list via email rather than the group page, so it's unnatural
        for me to include references to post numbers.