Re: new to S. K. group too

  • jimstuart46
    Message 1 of 131 , Apr 7, 2009
      Ms Woody,

      Another thought occurred on re-reading your post: Your last sentence seems to imply that you think that perhaps we have no choice but to view the world from the ideological consciousness of our times. We must, of necessity think in the concepts our cultural environment passes to us.

      Kierkegaard, I think, would say that we have the freedom to choose how to think and what to believe. Whether K is right about this is another matter.

      Do you feel contrained in the way you think by the dominant Western ideology which contains strong scientistic and corporate-consumer-capitalist elements?

      Jim S

      Message 131 of 131 , May 7, 2009
        Don -- I'll visit the group page and try to hunt down previous
        to this list via email rather than the group page, so it's unnatural
        for me to include references to post numbers.