Re: [Kierkegaardians] Re Re: new to S. K. group too

    Message 1 of 131 , Apr 7, 2009
      Yep, I didn't want to touch the modern/postmodern part of this
      discussion becomes it becomes increasingly difficult to avoid speaking
      in clichés. These terms have too many different meanings within too
      many different fields, to the point that the word "postmodernism" has
      long lost its ability to meaningfully communicate. If we limit
      ourselves to philosophy, though, most commentators I'm aware of no
      longer see a sharp divide between modernism and postmodernism, but see
      instead postmodernism as a species of modernism. In my opinion,
      postmodernism is simply romanticism after Darwin, Freud, and Marx --
      there's very little ascribed to the German romantics in K's Concept of
      Irony that isn't also ascribed to postmodern authors since the 1960s.

      Message 131 of 131 , May 7, 2009
        Don -- I'll visit the group page and try to hunt down previous
        to this list via email rather than the group page, so it's unnatural
        for me to include references to post numbers.