Re Re: new to S. K. group too

  • ms.woody956
    Message 1 of 131 , Apr 6, 2009
      > Evolution theory posed a challenge to the creation myth, but I think that most educated people in S.K.s day were aware of the mythological elements in scripture. Today, the Catholic Church accepts most of what evolution theory lays out.
      Regardless, it seems to me at least, that the real question is not whether we can believe in a god, subjective or otherwise, but whether we can in the God of the bible, can we re-taylor ancient creeds to better accomidate the modern or post-modern consciousness and still be Christians?
      Message 131 of 131 , May 7, 2009
        Don -- I'll visit the group page and try to hunt down previous
        to this list via email rather than the group page, so it's unnatural
        for me to include references to post numbers.