Re: [Im]moderation...

  • M�d�ric Laitier
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3 6:25 AM
    • Médéric Laitier
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3 7:13 AM

        Dear James,

        I have tried to post an answer to this but who knows where it has gone. Due to the blessing weather, i must assume it has decided on its own to have a side trip to the country before it finally returns to the big city. Who would blaim it?

        I won't repeat it here. I'll just repost the appendices:

        The one who presents this ideal must be the very first one to humble himself under it, and even though he himself is striving within himself to approach this ideal, he must confess that he is very far from being it. He must confess that he is related only poetically to this ideal picture, while he (and here he differs from the ordinary conception of a poet) personally and Christianly is related to the presented picture, and that only as a poet presenting the picture is he out in front." (Armed Neutrality, Hong, p. 37)

        "In his existence relation to the truth, the existing subjective thinker is just as negative as positive, has just as much of the comic as he essentially has of pathos, and is continually in the process becoming, that is, striving. Since the existing subject is existing (and that is the lot of every human being, except the objective ones, who have pure being to be in), he is indeed in the process of becoming."  (CUP, Hong, p. 80; Lowrie, p. 74)

        On the contrary, ethically understood, the continued striving is the consciousness of being an existing individual, and the continued learning the expression of the perpetual actualization, which at no moment is finished as long as the subject is existing; the subject is aware of this and is therefore not deluded." CUP, Hong, pp. 121-22; Lowrie, pp. 110-11)

        The basic idea was that you don't need to fulfill the ideal qualification to be up to the ethical task.

        There was a plenty more but it went to the country. So might this one. Except that I'll post it to the GP too and also to the KT just like in the good old time of the middle ages!

        Cheers!

        Meddy sins