Re: [Kierkegaardian] Re: A bridge over troubled waters...

  • Médéric Laitier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hi Jim,

      Let us keep to short ones. Yes, the quote at the end was by K.. It is from
      the philosophical fragments, so your sense of 'déjà vu' is all the more
      relevant since it is written through the same pseudonym, or qua the same
      author (in the Eenish dialect).

      As regards quantuum physics, you are perfectly consistent in saying that my
      paragraph is both no and only quantuum material. Its purpose was barely to
      open the field to the idea that an 'understanding' of the word 'quark' was
      possible without full 'understanding' of the scientific context -- by this I
      did go your understanding way, amending mine and perhaps going further in
      the way you had suggested ('for me, the primary things that are understood
      are sentences. And usually, but not always, we understand sentences when we
      understand the words').

      'Holding the quarrelling idea together' within the paradox of existence is
      very much like my reading of what S.K. was saying. Holding them quarrelling
      is precisely holding them seperated, altogether.

      As yourself, I think we are heading for interesting exchanges.

      As always,

      Paradoxically, still
      Yours Sincerely,

      Mederic Laplace

      PS: Thank you, Warner Bros., for the one canonic version of my quote. I'll
      ponder over the various variations and add my very own 'divagations' to
      these of Mr Maloyan and to theses of yours that were here published.