Re: The Psychological Problem of Nietzsche and Kierkegaard

  • wallacecollect
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 7:01 AM
      --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, "James Rovira"
      <jamesrovira@...> wrote:
      I think there are quite a few parallels. One that just occurred to me
      is a possible parallel between N's apollonian/dionysian and K's
      aesthetic/ethical
      > -- like they're observing the same phenomena and putting them in
      different
      > categories.
      > Nice to hear from you, by the way. Have you posted here before?
      Would you introduce yourself to the group?

      Thanks - I haven't posted here before; I am mainly a Nietzschean who
      wants to get to grips with Kierkegaard.

      K's 3 'aesthetic/ethical/religous' stages remind me of Nietzsche's 3
      metamorphoses of the spirit ['camel/lion/child'] in Thus Spake
      Zarathustra.

      It seems though that both K and N shared a similarly unusual childhood,
      dominated by the demise of the father [N's father died when N was an
      infant, but his father cast a shadow across N's life - see N's
      autobiography 'Ecce Homo'].
      Whereas K began his literary life as 'one still living', N regarded
      himself as being 'born posthumously'.
      I wondered if the similar biographical background to both thinkers was
      a source for any 'psychological' connection between them?