Re: Bridge

  • levinjudith
    Message 1 of 67 , Apr 1, 2001
      Thanks for your structure to work with.<br>First
      category, the experiences: first group, my keyword for what
      you describe, (not looking at your analysis for the
      moment,) would be 'suspended;' second group, keywords
      'understanding' or 'expansion of understanding.'<br><br>Second
      category, the transition: first group, 'the ground' or 'the
      grounding;'second group gives 'the intelligence' or 'the
      life.'<br><br>"The first group of experieces contains three
      experiences..." I suspect there may be more than three or they
      may not be so easily definable as three. "The
      palpable sense of the presence of an absolute other" would
      also be a pre-union state.<br><br>Pre-union: Here are
      profound perceptual changes of what is meant by 'God.'
      Judeo/Christian conditioning dictates an external Other.
      Therefore immanence and unlearning. (You may know of the
      via negativa, the transcending negations of one's
      affirmations or denials of what God is. This in
      practice.)Formal religious beliefs are not formally denied but
      they become unnecessary. I'd say without reservation
      this is so. Letting go is essential. Hence subject as
      nothing before Object of no definition.<br><br>The
      subject/Object relation changes. According to your structure
      this would be first category, second group, introduced
      at a point there.<br><br>(I must admit I went
      through agonies about having this discussion with you but
      decided it was worth it for the sake of a better
      understanding of K. Hope this will be the outcome. Please
      redefine above as/if necessary. My caveat, above is my
      experience only.)
    • lycansorb
      Message 67 of 67 , Jun 12, 2001
        Thank you for your warm welcome Ron. You have a
        fine sight for a very worthy subject. Just spent the
        past several months in the study of Sorens "Fear and
        Trembling" (forgive me I am spelling and grammar impaired).
        Soren captured my interest in college after reading
        Walker Perceys Novels and Philosophical writings. So
        misunderstood by the christian community. What a pity.