Re: Bridge

  • wilbro99
    Message 1 of 67 , Mar 30, 2001
      I can read agreement into your two categories,
      but that does not mean it is there. Someone once said
      something about the devil and details, so let's take a
      gander. It may be that this devil does in fact exist, but
      let's see.<br><br>First category; the experiences. It
      is my experience that there are two groups of
      experiences in this matter. The first group have a touch of
      the mystical about them in their description, while
      the second group are release experiences, in which
      the energy bound in the pre-transition state is
      released. The first group engages the whole self and may be
      described only after the fact, while the second group are
      experienced by the self and may be described during the
      fact.<br><br>Second category, the transition. The first group of
      experiences are the vehicles that allow the transition to
      become a fact. The second group of experiences are
      adjustments in transition and transition maintenance.
      Reflection upon a pre-transition state may signify a
      pre-transition binding and require a release.<br><br>The first
      group of experiences contains three experiences. One
      seems like full union in that there is no self present,
      i.e., no self-reflection. This experience is full of
      bliss. Another experience has the self present in a
      timeless state, in which there is the palpable sense of
      the presence of an absoluter other. The third
      experience seems to be the absence of the knower, in which
      the self becomes drunk and floats away. The first
      experience tells me that the sense of self is the reflection
      of self, the second experience tells me that the
      experiential self is the temporal self and is an artifact of
      memory (there is a me that must be remembered to be, and
      there is a me that is remembering that me), and the
      third experience tells me that I am the collect of
      knowing, that includes self-knowing and the thought of
      knowing. These understandings place the self in the
      transition and operate to maintain the
      transition.<br><br>Forgive the complexity, but the only access I have to any
      of this is through my experience of it, and the
      reflection upon that experience. If you can explain your
      terms in light of what I have said, I would have a
      better notion of what you are saying. As I said, I can
      fit the general sway of your words into my view, but
      you know who is in the details.
    • lycansorb
      Message 67 of 67 , Jun 12, 2001
        Thank you for your warm welcome Ron. You have a
        fine sight for a very worthy subject. Just spent the
        past several months in the study of Sorens "Fear and
        Trembling" (forgive me I am spelling and grammar impaired).
        Soren captured my interest in college after reading
        Walker Perceys Novels and Philosophical writings. So
        misunderstood by the christian community. What a pity.