Re: Demonstration and Faith

  • j15300
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2005
      "Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD?...He that hath clean
      hands, and a pure heart...." Ps. 24:3-4

      Hi, John;

      The Son, the Christed One, does nothing "of himself," but what he
      seeth the Father do; as Above, so below.

      The Father, omniscient perfection, works precisely; insofar as the
      Son of God worketh hitherto, the work is complete, well-done,
      faithful.

      Jesus, being a perfect example of the Christ (Rabbi Ezekiel and
      Saint John the Beloved being lesser examples), demonstrates the
      loving care of the Father-Mother God in all aspects of ministry.

      For each application of the Truth in Love, Christ's ministry was
      tailored for the individual, often applicable to a wider teaching.
      When, in Saint Mark 5:18-19, a formerly bedeviled individual "prayed
      [Jesus]...that he might be with him," "Jesus suffered him not, but
      saith unto him, 'Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great
      things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on
      thee.'"

      By the timing of Ezekiel, "...the house of Israel will not hearken
      unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of
      Israel are impudent and hardhearted." (Ezek. 3:7) The impudence is
      as Kierkegaard's "subjective madness" (cf SK's earlier lifestyle),
      the hardheartedness is as Kierkegaard's "objective madness" (cf
      Saint Paul's earlier lifestyle). Speaking the Word to His
      disciples, who "reasoned" among themselves re Jesus' admonition
      to "beware the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod,"
      Jesus marveled, saying, "Why reason ye, because ye have no bread?
      perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet
      hardened? When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how
      many baskets full of fragments took ye up?...and when the seven
      among four thousand, how many baskets...? How is it that ye do not
      understand?" (Mark 8:15-21)

      The Father and Son use various fruits of the Spirit, such as healing
      and prospering, to move the disciples and others of the people from
      their objective/subjective madnesses of rigid and human
      willfulness/licentiousness. Gifts of the Spirit are in fact
      empowerments, obtained via meritorious grace, of the vine of the
      Comforter, unto much fruit. "Healings" and "signs following" are
      fruits of the Spirit, evidence of things not seen; what are
      typically not seen are the Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit, e.g.,
      the gift of healing (the fruit of which is wholeness, wellness, and
      the like) and the gift of prophecy (the fruit of which are
      the "signs following" of confirmation, e.g. confirmational events
      after the prophecies of Fatima, of Kibeho (in Rwanda), and of
      Hrushiv (in Ukraine)).

      [Galatians 5:22-23 is not an exhaustively explicit listing of
      the "fruit of the Spirit." Your preference for ensuring the sifting
      of peepings and mutterings, avoiding cheap grace, etc., is validly
      part of the picture. However, consider as well Jesus' teaching
      given in Mark 9:38-40, and the accompanying need for discernment,
      one of the gifts (and fruits) of the Spirit.]

      "Faith" is "the evidence of things not seen." (Heb. 11:1)

      For those who would profit by telling their friends of Jesus'
      healing ministry, He instructed them to do so; for those whose
      subjective madness would likely increase same (qua thronging crowds
      for the next "fix"), He bade them shew themselves to the priests for
      a testimony, conforming to ritual and witness, etc.

      When Saint John the Baptist asks for public confirmation of Jesus'
      authenticity, Jesus answers his emissaries, saying, "Go your way,
      and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind
      see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead
      are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached." (Luke 7:22)

      Reverend Mary Baker Eddy, whose words and works are of the same
      Source as Jesus ("Mary Baker Eddy: Christian Healer," Yvonne von
      Fettweis, is well worth reading), and who rediscovered much of the
      Divine Science in-Forming early Christian healing, essentially
      advised her students never to attempt healing with any whose
      desirings arose from other than real and true faith. This may
      indicate the reason Jesus could not or would not heal some, and why
      He often stated, "Be it unto you, according to your faith." It is
      well to note, for purposes of the Holy Christ Self, Reverend Eddy's
      statement, "One's aim, a point beyond faith, should be to find the
      footsteps of Truth, the way to health and holiness." ("Science and
      Health with Key to the Scriptures")

      So, we have, for those whose faith is appreciable unto
      healing/prospering/preaching, "Go in peace;" for various subgroups
      of that already-narrowed group: "Tell everyone; tell the priests;
      tell no one."

      Testifying to all, to some, or to none, is a function of the
      exercise, or memorable re-calling, of the Word made flesh. Faith is
      a function of transcendental belief (be-love), unto the Holy Christ
      Truth, the Way. Hebrew society was formed by the Godhead unto
      faithful stewardship, until such time as the Messiah should come,
      and show the Way, which is Christ, Truth, the Living Light of the
      world, Mind's reflection and demonstration.

      Human will, misappropriating the Word and Work of the Lord, may
      become objectively maddened "synagogue of satan," aka self-ish,
      willful frowardness, and/or subjectively maddened grossness,
      licentiousness, inanity, slothfulness. By the timing of Rabbi
      Ezekiel, the die was fairly cast, and the people majorly would not
      change, albeit in the living Presence of the Holy One of Israel.
      Taking up one's vertical Father charge into the horizon of the
      world, going into Judea, Samaria, and the uttermost parts of the
      world, preaching the commandments Love God with all your heart,
      mind, soul, and strength, and your neighbor as yourself, was not a
      very present help to Jesus, insofar as Pharisee and publican felt
      inclined to do otherwise.

      Godly faith is the correct, correlative exercise of "free will," in
      the Oneness of Holy demonstration of that One. It permits the
      living Light of Truth to manifest. Faith vocalized is the fohat or
      Sound Ray of Spirit's vibration, an instauration of wholeness,
      blueprint, order, design...the Word of the Prophets and others who
      serve the living God, the holy One of Israel. Faith is a key, not
      the key; Light is an alchemical key, divine Love is a key, Truth is
      a key, etc. These keys, often least among the traditions/energy
      patterns of the world, unlock the biggest doors.

      It is interesting to note that when the lifestream which brought
      forth the soul-field initiative known as Saint Paul, and to which
      Saint Paul was gathered, brought forth its final incarnation, known
      as Saint Hilarion the Great, that Saint regularly attempted to avoid
      the maddening crowds of earnest seekers of healing, which gift and
      fruits Saint Hilarion (the Great) manifested in such abundance.
      Hilarion now maintains a school of Light over the island of Crete,
      wherein the "Brotherhood of Truth" especially ministers to those
      whose soul-fields are drawn there/elect to travel there, and who
      have entangled earthly misrepresentations of Truth in religions and
      elsewise, and especially have fallen into atheism, agnosticism, and
      skepticism. If one's soul-field is not attuned with that (Edenic,
      etheric) level/sphere of awareness, at least to the degree of being
      able to mount, after one's physical body temple is resting, a
      Jacobean ladder of angelic Light prompts unto its halls, then one
      qualifies as "sick," according to the stated mission of Jesus and
      many other such intercessors, who have come to minister to
      the "sick," i.e., those who are not functioning in that Edenic plane.

      cordially,

      j.

      --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, "John Anngeister"
      <reader@v...> wrote:

      > Dear Jim2,
      >

      > It is clearly the case, at least from the historical
      > record, that the power of healing is a prerogative of the
      > Eternal when manifest in time (as in "the Life").
      >

      > Still, I have also noticed that "the God," in speaking to
      > those whose faith had combined with his Presence to effect
      > a physical healing, never once said the words "Follow me."
      >

      > More often His words to the recipients of this side-
      > ministry were something like, "Now keep quiet and get outta here."
      >
      > ie., "Go in peace." "Tell no one."
      >

      > On the one hand, "Go in peace."
      >
      > The *faith* of these people was already manifest (and
      acknowledged)
      > in the fact that it had healed them in the presence of the Eternal.
      >
      > If faith is the key, what need, then, of the God's physical
      presence
      > and voice?
      >

      > On the other hand, "Tell no one."
      >
      > As if to say, "What has transpired for you in my Presence could
      not
      > be hindered, in view of the intersection of my power with your
      > faith, - but this is NOT the substance of my Gospel. And your
      > testimony to it will not secure a like faith in others, but will
      only
      > bring a "crowd" desirous that I shall do their bidding."
      >
      > If faith is the key, what use, then, in testifying to a "wonder"?
      >

      > -John.
      >

      > PS: You spoke of "healings and signs" as *fruits* of the spirit,
      but
      > I don't see either of these at Gal. 5:22. You meant *gifts*?
      There