Fwd: Re: [Nietzsche's Philosophy] Ding an Sich?

  • j15300
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2004
      Apropos recent thread on science and conceptual schemata, a post
      from another forum re Kant/Nietzsche. The quote prompting the post
      is at the end of the reply herewith:

      Which Nietzsche? The Nietzsche who wrote this:

      "You have called,
      Lord, I rush
      With circumspection
      To the steps of your throne.
      Glowing with love,
      Your glance shines into
      My heart so dearly,
      So painfully: Lord, I come.

      "I was lost,
      lurching drunken,
      Sunken,
      Tossed to hell and torment--
      You stood from afar:
      Your glance met me often
      So ineffably,
      So movingly: now I come gladly.

      "I feel a shudder
      From the sin, the
      Abyss of night
      And dare not look backward.
      I cannot leave you--
      In the terrible nights
      I look at you sadly
      And must hold you.

      "You are so gentle,
      Faithful and sincere,
      Genuinely earnest,
      Dear savior image for sinners!
      Quell my desire--
      My feelings and thinking--
      To immerse myself, to devote myself
      to your love."

      Or the Nietzsche who wrote:

      "Once more, before I wander on
      and turn my glance forward,
      I lift up my hands to you in loneliness--
      you, to whom I flee,
      to whom in deepest depths of my heart
      I have solemnly consecrated altars
      so that your voice
      might summon me again.

      "On them glows, deeply inscribed,
      the word: To the unknown god
      I am his, although until this hour
      I've remained in the wicked horde:
      I am his--and I feel the bonds
      that pull me down in my struggle
      and, would I flee,
      force me into his service.

      "I want to know you, Unknown One,
      you who have reached deep into my soul,
      into my life like the gust of a storm,
      you incomprehensible yet related one!
      I want to know you, even serve you."

      (Karl Jaspers termed these poems "uncanny," vis a vis the recurring
      patterns, themes, and motivations of Nietzsche's life.)

      Last month marked the 160th anniversary of "Fritz'" birth, yet that
      is not sufficient reason to adopt as true his personal assessment
      of "What Is" as "chaos"--perhaps he was having a bad hair day, and
      glanced in the mirror while pondering the ineffable physis.

      As to modern physics, it demonstrates to its satisfaction that
      trillions of real photons (termed "virtual Light" as it is too quick
      for this universe) every moment support all electron's orbitals
      around their respective atomic nuclei: without the virtual photons,
      all electrons would spiral into and collapse the nucleus, in a flash
      of Light.

      Further, the "electron" is more accurately noted as a wavicle
      or "field," particularly arising where the need for orbital balance
      is greatest, vis a vis the protons and neutrons, which among
      themselves dance in intricate patterns, at billions of vibrations a
      second. Furthermore, the protons and neutrons are mostly energy
      fields (97%, called "gluonic"), which support the dance of the field-
      like, electron-like particles termed "quarks."

      The (weak) gravitational force and the strong yet minute nuclear
      forces are typically believed to be below our 5-sensibility
      (although the occasional interesting exception arises, e.g. the
      American doctor (vetted by the world's leading skeptics/debunkers)
      who is able to discern the classical composer of a composition, by
      inspecting the grooves on vinyl records). What humans are typically
      left with, courtesy of Kantian antinomianism is a) a sense of God,
      Soul, Christ, Truth, Good Will; b) the opportunity to spiritualize
      or increase the range of the 5 senses (and to verbalize it, per
      the "Prolegomena"); c) the 5 senses of material science.

      "B)" is a function of intent, i.e. of prayer, attunement with the
      One of Plotinus, of Husserlian phenomenological reduction, and even
      of Whiteheadian Monadic feedforward via spiritualization of act and
      its subsequent Triadic in-Forming of the Jasperian "surround."
      Movement toward such spiritualization, God-realization, Mater-
      realization, is facilitated by Words forming Concepts, given by Soul-
      field Knowers, e.g., Saint John the Beloved, Saint John of the
      Cross, Saint Teresa of Avila, Paramahansa Yogananda, Reverend Mary
      Baker Eddy, Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov, Mark L. Prophet, et al.

      Insofar as the human elects densification--exclusive reiteration of
      earthly matters--the human "electronic field" moves in orbitals of
      denser desire, hence the untimely and progressive dumbing down of
      the childlike inner sense/innocence into mere materialism. At that
      point, dream material and angel promptings may yet move the
      interested soul into higher attunement; typically, such awareness is
      slower in transforming the qualia of the particular consciousness,
      for the following reason discussed by the philosopher Margaret
      MacDonald: "What is perceived after waking proves the unreality of
      what is dreamed. 'Thank goodness,' we exclaim, on waking from
      nightmare, 'it was only a dream.' But I suggest that this obvious
      answer is wrong. For it asumes that 'waking up' is a method of
      proof, which is very queer. When was it learned, and what are its
      rules?" Few there be who attain to occasional lucidity in their
      dreams, and even the conscious out-of-body travel and recognition
      of "helper beings" (cf "The Master of Lucid Dreams," Olga Kharitidi,
      M.D.; "Dream Yoga," Namkhai Norbu; "The Masters and Their Retreats,"
      Mark L. Prophet; "Watch Your Dreams," Ann Ree Colton; and various
      other authors of varying degrees of discernment (Robert Bruce, Kurt
      Leland, Waldo Vieira, M.D., Helen Greaves, Patricia Kirmond)).

      The "virtual light" is as the in-Forming principle of Design, the
      electronic field as the soul-field, and the electron as the
      focalization of consciousness based on human need. What
      light/energy is received/emitted by the electron as he/she moves
      around the nucleus of her soul's central sun of being, the
      individualized I Am Presence, is termed love's labor, enlightenment,
      light-bearing, etc. It is likely poetic and accurate, based on
      modern physics, to say that Light Design in-Forms the universe, from
      the least electron to the greatest human genius, and beyond.

      Cioran understood the necessary quickening as per the focused Light
      of the Saints, i.e. the all-consuming fire of God, yet tarried by
      the gate, preferring to stand by those who burn with an inner pure
      fire. Here or hereafter, the refiner's fire does catch us all, our
      precious metal to refine.

      > John Marmysz, from "Laughing at Nothing: Humor as a Response to
      Nihilism":

      > "In accordance with Kant's 'Copernican Revolution', Nietzsche
      conceives of our phenomonal world as arising out of the relationship
      between our minds and the 'Ding an Sich', which for Nietzsche
      is 'chaos'. By imposing order on chaos, humans 'falsify'
      the 'objective' world, producing an unfaithful representation of the
      reality that surrounds them. This representation, in its static and
      comprehensible appearance, does not really correspond to the chaos
      that underlies it, but nevertheless what we call 'knowledge' is just
      the outcome of this imposition of structure on the world of
      disorder."