Re: Three protagonists in dialog...

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2004
      Dear Mederic,

      I don't know much biology, but I assume biological laws are not essentially different from the examples I gave from physics and chemistry.

      I agree that as one moves up from basic physics to chemistry, then to biology, then (perhaps) to geology and psychology, the laws become 'less strict'. This, I assume, is due to the larger chance of 'outside factors' interferring.

      Note to Een: I don't have a particular view about the debate concerning the nature of laws - i.e. laws as descriptions of regularities vs. laws as determinants of those regularities. Is this distinction relevant to our current discussion?