Response to a Personal Note:

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2004
      Hi Een, I will post a response to the heart of what you have said, the
      issue of SK's use of the 2nd Power term, after I respond to your
      personal note. Some 30+ years ago, I picked up SK for the first time,
      and that because I had begun to read literature in a search for
      finding out if others had written about what I had had discovered
      about myself. Essentially, I had stumbled into a self-change in which,
      for want of a better way of putting it, something happened to the me
      to whom things happened.

      This engendered a process of self-clarification in which I tried to
      come to an understanding of what seemed to be the breaking of an old
      self and the positing of a new self, so to speak. When I reached a
      level of understanding that I could understand, I began reading around
      for others who spoke to that shift. That is how I discovered SK. I
      found his words speaking at once to my understanding, regardless of
      which book of his I picked up. I found him to be speaking to a
      singular theme throughout. I bring this out because anything I say in
      respect to what SK is saying is my reading of my self-understanding
      through his words. I am saying, and this is why it is a personal note,
      that my understanding of SK is grounded in my understanding of myself,
      and thus is a projection thereof.

      In other words, the assumption I work on is that he is talking about
      what I know. Am I sure in this working assumption? All I can say is
      that it seems to be the case. In that light, perhaps I can say that
      his ideas in respect to the self-reference are decisive in that they
      are also my ideas. Willy Brown