Re: Mysticism

  • roncriss
    Message 1 of 67 , Feb 3, 2001
      ""The only fundamental basis for understanding is
      that one understands only in proportion to becoming
      himself that which he understands." (Papers, V B 40) Then
      I would say that the unitive stage would be the
      nullification of the one who understands in the
      understanding."<br><br> One comment: The mystic, in the unitive state,
      does not "understand". The mystic communes with the
      spirit, not the intellect. For this reason much of
      mystical experience cannot be described in common
      terms.<br><br>~Ron~
    • lycansorb
      Message 67 of 67 , Jun 12, 2001
        Thank you for your warm welcome Ron. You have a
        fine sight for a very worthy subject. Just spent the
        past several months in the study of Sorens "Fear and
        Trembling" (forgive me I am spelling and grammar impaired).
        Soren captured my interest in college after reading
        Walker Perceys Novels and Philosophical writings. So
        misunderstood by the christian community. What a pity.