about J Climacus

  • John Anngeister
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6 10:45 PM
      Een, your help on my three points ("the subjective issue")
      was much appreciated.

      Especially: I had an idea it was the chief concern of
      Climacus (the pseudonym) to determine if there was some
      manner in which he might appropriate "an offer of eternal
      happiness" which he had heard was involved in the Christian
      revelation. My equation of this with JC's view of
      *Christianity* as a whole was maybe due to some hasty reading
      of secondary literature. I did not mean this expression to
      constitute SK's (or my own) understanding of *Christianity*.
      But thanks for the decisive response.

      I am not at all clear yet on the approach to the pseudonyms,
      and have read a little criticism which seems to blame one
      scholar for assuming that Climacus is straight Kierkegaard.
      What is your opinion of Climacus as spokesman?

      Will, and "j", welcome to the discussion and thank you for
      your thoughts, I will respond as soon as time allows. Feel
      free to help me with this one if so moved.

      -John