Re: Reply to Een Enkelte on Understanding and Agreement

  • roncriss
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21 7:29 PM
      This is Ron, the Moderator. Feel free to address your posts any way
      you like. I would like this group to be a place for informal and
      enjoyable conversation. Relax and make yourselves at home. I'm happy
      to see any conversation here at all!

      Ron

      --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Stuart"
      <jimstuart@n...> wrote:
      > Dear Een,
      >
      > On reflection, I think addressing replies to individuals has a
      place within a forum such as this, so I shall adopt a case-by-case
      approach to my method of communication in the future. Diversity of
      methods of communication is truer to the spirit of SK than adopting
      universal rules.

      > No, I was not expressing disapproval of your method of
      communication - I was more defending my own approach against what I
      perceived as your disapproval of my original method of communication
      in "The Ethical as the Highest Ideal".

      > As I say above, I think diversity of methods and styles is all to
      the good - SK himself wrote in several different ways in order to
      awaken subjectivity and awareness of the true import of Christianity
      in his readers.

      > Finally, you write "If only direct communication were possible!".
      Are you saying that you don't think direct communication is
      possible?

      > If you do hold that direct communication is impossible, you are
      going further than SK, who, on my understanding, did think direct
      communication was possible, but was not a suitable method for his
      own task of awakening subjectivity in his audience.