Re: [Kierkegaardian] Digest Number 92

  • Jonathan Glenn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2004
      too hard to talk about Soren in the summertime, you know?
      jg

      kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Question
      From: "petervandever"

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 15:16:17 -0000
      From: "petervandever"

      Subject: Question

      Does ANYONE here ever talk?
      Peter

    • Jul
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2004
        we used to, but not anymore for some reason...we do get the occasional male enhancement emails, tho!

        From: "petervandever"

        Message: 1
        Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 15:16:17 -0000
        From: "petervandever"

        Does ANYONE here ever talk?
        Peter

      • roncriss
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2004
          Well you shouldn't be getting those very much in the future as I've
          made membership moderated. Hopefully the spammers will be too lazy
          to apply!

          I must confess I haven't been reading much K lately (I'm the
          Moderator). I did pick up a collection of his works, a reader of
          sorts (which has become buried in my piles of books so I can't tell
          you the title, I think it was a Penguin book tho) while on vacation.

          I did read one interesting thing about K by a former Baptist, now
          Catholic (Deal W. Hudson, An American Conversion), who made the
          point that K had a bad attitude towards women, manifested in his
          self-isolationism. He also says that K stated bluntly in Training in
          Christianity that fellowship is a lower category than the lone
          individual. And I do see that attitude manifested in his lone-wolf
          lifestyle. According to Hudson, formerly a minister, it was this
          realization which played a part in his conversion to Catholicism. He
          sees this attitude toward women countered in Catholicism by the
          place and presence of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

          I had to admit that K did represent certain sociopathic traits (the
          Regina Olsen incident for example) and was a loner.

          What do you all think?

          Ron

          --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, Jul <sunnyhoneyjul@y...>
          wrote:
          > we used to, but not anymore for some reason...we do get the
          occasional male enhancement emails, tho!

          > There is 1 message in this issue.
          >
          > Topics in this digest:
          >
          > 1. Question
          > From: "petervandever"