Re: [Kierkegaardian] Digest Number 70

  • roncriss
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2003
      JG,

      How do you define "existential" in this respect?

      ~Ron~

      --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Glenn <jhgmail@y...>
      wrote:
      > I'd like to suggest- and maybe this will jumpstart a group
      conversation- that there isn't anything that can be coherently
      called "Christian Existentialism", simply because I don't think
      existentialism is a philosophical system. Rather- I think- it is an
      approach to thinking about systems. So one could be (and I call
      myself) and existential Christian, by which I mean that the "reasons"
      which support my faith are (largely) existential.
      > Thoughts, anyone?
      > JG
      >
      > kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      ----

      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. christian existentialism
      > From: "sunnyhoneyjul"

      __

      __

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:38:23 -0000
      > From: "sunnyhoneyjul"
      > Subject: christian existentialism
      >
      > i am very interested in the idea of christian existentialism &
      > kierkegaard in general. I have just begun to research it and see if
      > it is what i am looking for. mostly I will be observing, as I
      cannot
      > comment yet. If anyone has any tips or advice for me, I welcome
      them.
      > thanks.

    • roncriss
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 11, 2003
        Jonathan,

        How do you define "existential" in this context?

        wrote:
        > I'd like to suggest- and maybe this will jumpstart a group
        conversation- that there isn't anything that can be coherently
        called "Christian Existentialism", simply because I don't think
        existentialism is a philosophical system. Rather- I think- it is an
        approach to thinking about systems. So one could be (and I call
        myself) and existential Christian, by which I mean that the "reasons"
        which support my faith are (largely) existential.
        > Thoughts, anyone?
        > JG
        >
        > kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        ----