looking for a Kierkegaard biography

  • dh
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2003
      I was wondering if anyone could reccomend any Kierkegaard biographies
      to me--I've read one by Josiah Thompson but I'm having trouble
      finding any others in real life, and I'd like to have a better idea
      of what to look for online. I've heard that Lowrie's biography is
      pretty good--can anyone comment?
    • Bob Hayes
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2003
        There is both a short and long version by Lowrie. I just read the short one
        and it is very good. There is also a new major bio by Allistar Hannay
        (Cambridge Press) which I did not find as enjoyable to read. There is a
        very nice little book by Peter Vardy called simply _Kierkegaard_ which is
        balanced between the biographical and the main themes in SK's thought.

        Bob Hayes