DUALISM AMONG IDEOLOGY,RELIGION,PHILOSOPHY.....IDENTITY?

  • ROBERT
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2003
      I WONDER WHAT IS THE MEANING BEHIND WHY CARTOON IMAGES OF SUPERHEROES
      TAKE ON DISGUISES BEFORE THEY CAN BECOME A "MESSIAH"?

      IDEOLOGY TEACHES THERE ARE FUNDAMENTALIST AND LIBERALIST.

      SCIENCE TELLS US THAT MAN CAME FROM APES,RELIGION TELLS US
      THAT WE CAME FROM GOD.

      I REMEMBER FACILITATING AN ART CLASS FOR CHILDREN BETWEEN 6-12 YRS. OF
      AGE. GIVEN 15 MINUTES, 2 OF THEM FINISHED WHILE 8 OF THEM KEPT
      CHANGING THEIR ART WORK OR "IDENTITY".WHY KEEP ON CHANGING I ASK?
      THEIR IDENTICAL REPLY WAS.....UGLY, NOT GOOD. WHY DO CERTAIN PEOPLE
      TELL US TO DISOWN "WHAT IS NOT" AND TO OWN "WHAT IS", TO DIVIDE WHAT
      IS NOT DIVIDED?

      PERHAPS MOST OF HUMANITY HAVE NOT SEEN REALITY WHEN A CATERPILAR
      TURNS INTO A BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY OR WHEN AN UGLY DUCKLING TURNS INTO
      A BEAUTIFUL SWAN. WE CAN LEARN FROM NATURE IN THE SENSE THAT THEY
      DONT HAVE ANY IDENTITY CRISIS WHILE MAN EVEN BEFORE THE DESTRUCTION
      OF JERUSALEM HAD AN IDENTITY CRISIS. BECAUSE OF THIS CRISIS
      ATTEMPTS TO PLURALIZE HIS IDENTITY.BUT WHY PLURALIZE WHAT IS
      INDIVIDUAL? WHY COMPLICATE WHAT IS SIMPLE? CAN WE NOT ACCEPT WHO WE
      REALLY ARE?

      ECUMENISM TEACHES US THERE IS UNITY IN DIVERSITY.