HELLO FROM PHILIPPINES

  • ROBERT
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2003
      IS THERE ANYONE THERE FROM MY COUNTRY?

      I ENCOUNTERED READING VICTOR FRANKL YEARS BACK. THEN RECENTLY I WAS
      ATTRACTED ABOUT SOREN WHEN I WATCHED EWTN. THEN IN CHURCH HISTORY
      SUBJECT THE POPE JOHN PAUL II WROTE A LETTER "GAUDIUM ET SPES" IT
      EMPHASIZES THE DIGNITY OF THE HUMAN BEING BEYOND CREED OR
      NATIONALITY.

      COULD BE THAT THE POPE HAD AN EXPERIENCE SIMILAR TO SOREN. OR THEY
      CROSS PATHS SOMEWHERE.

      I DONT KNOW THE LOGIC BETWEEN THESE IMAGES IN MY EXPERIENCE.

      IAM STUDYING CHURCH HISTORY AND CATHOLIC DOCTRINE FOR SUMMER.

      FOR NOW I SEEK TO UNDERSTAND THE DICHOTOMY BETWEEN THE CATHOLIC
      FAITH AND THE SOCIAL ATTITUDE HERE IN OUR COUNTRY. SOMETIMES THE
      VALUES BECOME AN OBSTACLE TO FAITH. THE CHURCH DOCTRINE SAYS
      THAT RELIGIOUS FAITH IS BUILT UPON WHAT IS ALREADY EXISTING
      IN THE VALUES OF THE PEOPLE. "GRACE IS BUILT UPON NATURE".

      THERE WAS A POSTER. WRITTEN ON IT WAS:BEHIND EVERY JOURNEY IS A STORY.

      FROM SOMEONE WHO IS GRADUALLY SEEKING FOR UNDERSTANDING.

      ROBERTO
    • cielo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 17, 2003
        i just have to ask.. are you robert murillo, the missionary in guadalajara?? or are you another person?? thanks...

        anyway based from my few readings of the pope, he really is well versed with philosophers not just with kierkegaard. if you've read 'crossing the threshold of hope' he's cited various philospoers there too..

        ROBERT <murillo49@...> wrote:

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        ang naisip ko ay naisip ko na