The mystery of death

  • mohamed sayi
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2003
      Dear Don Anderson,

      Thanks for your response concerning death.

      What you told me about death is what the Ibrahimic religions, (Christianity,Judaism and Islam) teach about death. All of these religions teach us that there is life after death and that the spirit, which is the real essence of man, will survive death. Dear brother, I highly respect these religions and I like to obey all the truth, the spiritual truths they teach us, but there is this question deep down in my heart and this question says: is there really life after death? If there is, what kind of life will it be? Will I be able to know my family members up there? What does it mean to have a spiritual body?

      I am also totally dissatisfied with the brevity and appearant impermanence of this present life. Brother I see it as totally unjust and unfair the life situation we face in this present life. The multi faceted suffering, the disease like cancers and strokes, the unfulfilled wants that we all have, the killings and mutilations of man by man, the ever aging bodies we live in, the vulnerability of the present life, the unanswered questions we daily face, the enjoyments we try and the pains that come from these very enjoyments, the eternal separations and the divorces that take place between loved ones, the suffering of children and babies who do not know what is happening, the immeasurable pain that the animal kingdom face daily, and above all the mystery of our coming death. Dear brother, I am preoccupied these questions and these perplexities of life daily and my aim in life is to discuss these and understand these even though I may never understand them fully. Dear friends, I am happy to read your pieces and to share my frustrations of life with you all.

      Mohamed Sayi,

      Peace