Kierkegaard Society of the UK

  • Bob Hayes
    Message 1 of 8 , May 13, 2003
      PS: Here is the web site for the KS of the UK:

      http://www.kierkegaard.org.uk/

      Bob Hayes
    • roncriss
      Message 2 of 8 , May 13, 2003
        JG,

        I'm the founder and owner of this group and casual conversation is
        definitely approved! It was my goal to create a virtual club where
        those with similar interest could meet and chat about whatever they
        like. In short - relax, make yourselves at home, and discuss whatever
        you like! It would be great though if Kierkegaard could turn up in
        the conversation every once in a while though!

        Another thing I'd like to see is for people to post their favorite
        Kierkegaard quotes occasionally. They are great for starting
        discussions.

        Above all I want everybody to feel that this is YOUR group!

        ~Ron~

        --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Glenn <jhgmail@y...>
        wrote:
        > Mohamed, welcome, my friend! I'm glad that you've
        > joined the list and I look forward to hearing from
        > you.
        > This list has not seen a lot of activity in the short
        > time I've been on it, and I would love to see renewed
        > interest. From my point of view, anyway, the exchanges
        > do not have to strictly focus on Kierkegaard (although
        > it would be great if they did).
        > If that's out of line, I'm sure someone will let me
        > know!
        > Peace-
        > JG
      • roncriss
        Message 3 of 8 , May 13, 2003
          Bob,

          Thanks for the info. UNfortunately I live in the USA and can't make
          the trip. I hope you'll report back to the group on your activities
          there, though. I wasn't aware of the UK Society. I'll add it to the
          Links if you haven't already!

          ~Ron~

          --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, Bob Hayes <hayeshr@c...>
          wrote:
          > PS: Here is the web site for the KS of the UK:
          >
          > http://www.kierkegaard.org.uk/
          >
          > Bob Hayes
        • Bob Hayes
          Message 4 of 8 , May 13, 2003
            Ron,

            I have not added it, though it also has a good links section too. I am new
            to this list. Are there other links you would be willing to send in a
            message? Incidentally, I'm from the US too (Chicago).

            wrote:
            > PS: Here is the web site for the KS of the UK:
            >
            > http://www.kierkegaard.org.uk/
            >
            > Bob Hayes

          • mohamed sayi
            Message 5 of 8 , May 16, 2003
              Dear Glen,

              I am pleased your last week note this morning. This tells me that there are real people out there responding to messages. Thanks. I am sorry for my belated answer. For the past few days I was very busy in maintaining the family´┐Żs existence, I was also meditating on the nature of things whenever I had time. Dear Glen and friends, what is tabled subject for discussion these days? How did Kierkegaard view death? How should we view death? Be real serious!

              Sincerely yours,

              Mohamed Sayi

              Jonathan Glenn <jhgmail@...> wrote:Mohamed, welcome, my friend! I'm glad that you've
              --- kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> [...]
              > Hello,
              >
              > Welcome to the kierkegaardians group at Yahoo!
              > Groups, a
              > free, easy-to-use email group service. Please
              > take a moment to review this message.
              >
              > To learn more about the kierkegaardians group,
              > please visit
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kierkegaardians
              >
              > To start sending messages to members of this group,
              > simply
              > send email to
              > kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > If you do not wish to belong to kierkegaardians, you
              > may
              > unsubscribe by sending an email to
              > kierkegaardians-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > To see and modify all of your groups, go to
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups
              >

              > Regards,
              >
              > Moderator, kierkegaardians
              >

              > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > removed]

              > Message: 2
              > Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 02:32:40 -0700 (PDT)
              > From: cielo
              > Subject: Re: Welcome to kierkegaardians
              >
              > hi welcome! feel free to speak your mind here. it's
              > really interesting to meet new cultures.
              >
              > mohamed sayi wrote:
              > Dear friends,
              >
              > I am happy to be a part of the kierkegaardian
              > family. I like Kierkegaard and his thoughts. Just to
              > say a bit about my self I like and enjoy philosophy,
              > especially existentialism, metaphysics and also
              > eastern mysticism. I live in a Moslem society where
              > you can lose your status, property and even your
              > life by questioning the principals of religion. But
              > day and night I think and reflect about life, the
              > universe, existence, and death. Therefore it would
              > be a great release for me to discuss these things
              > with you guys.
              >
              > Sincerely yours,
              >
              > Mohamed Sayi
              >

              > kierkegaardians Moderator
              > wrote:
              > Hello,
              >
              > Welcome to the kierkegaardians group at Yahoo!
              > Groups, a
              > free, easy-to-use email group service. Please
              > take a moment to review this message.
              >
              > To learn more about the kierkegaardians group,
              > please visit
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kierkegaardians
              >
              > To start sending messages to members of this group,
              > simply
              > send email to
              > kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > If you do not wish to belong to kierkegaardians, you
              > may
              > unsubscribe by sending an email to
              > kierkegaardians-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > To see and modify all of your groups, go to
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups
              >

              > Regards,
              >
              > Moderator, kierkegaardians
              >

              > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > removed]
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorEnter: [input] [input]

              === message truncated ===

            • kant992003
              Message 6 of 8 , May 26, 2003
                --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, mohamed sayi
                <mohamedsayi@y...> wrote:

                > Dear Glen,
                >
                > I am pleased your last week note this morning. This tells me that
                there are real people out there responding to messages. Thanks. I am
                sorry for my belated answer. For the past few days I was very busy in
                maintaining the family's existence, I was also meditating on the
                nature of things whenever I had time. Dear Glen and friends, what is
                tabled subject for discussion these days? How did Kierkegaard view
                death? How should we view death? Be real serious!

                > Sincerely yours,
                >
                > Mohamed Sayi
                Hi I am new to the group. Doesn't Kierkegaard talk about how he views
                death and how we should view death in his book THE SICKNESS UNTO
                DEATH?
                Mark

                > Jonathan Glenn <jhgmail@y...> wrote:Mohamed, welcome, my friend!
                I'm glad that you've
                > joined the list and I look forward to hearing from
                > you.
                > This list has not seen a lot of activity in the short
                > time I've been on it, and I would love to see renewed
                > interest. From my point of view, anyway, the exchanges
                > do not have to strictly focus on Kierkegaard (although
                > it would be great if they did).
                > If that's out of line, I'm sure someone will let me
                > know!
                > Peace-
                > JG
                > --- kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                ----

                > > There are 3 messages in this issue.
                > >
                > > Topics in this digest:
                > >
                > > 1. Re: Welcome to kierkegaardians
                > > From: mohamed sayi
                > >
                > > 2. Re: Welcome to kierkegaardians
                > > From: cielo
                > > 3. Re: Welcome to kierkegaardians
                > > From: cielo

                __

                __

                > > Message: 1
                > > Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 02:05:35 -0700 (PDT)
                > > From: mohamed sayi
                > > Subject: Re: Welcome to kierkegaardians
                > >

                > > Dear friends,
                > >
                > > I am happy to be a part of the kierkegaardian
                > > family. I like Kierkegaard and his thoughts. Just to
                > > say a bit about my self I like and enjoy philosophy,
                > > especially existentialism, metaphysics and also
                > > eastern mysticism. I live in a Moslem society where
                > > you can lose your status, property and even your
                > > life by questioning the principals of religion. But
                > > day and night I think and reflect about life, the
                > > universe, existence, and death. Therefore it would
                > > be a great release for me to discuss these things
                > > with you guys.
                > >
                > > Sincerely yours,
                > >
                > > Mohamed Sayi
                > >

                > > kierkegaardians Moderator
                > > wrote:
                > > Hello,
                > >
                > > Welcome to the kierkegaardians group at Yahoo!
                > > Groups, a
                > > free, easy-to-use email group service. Please
                > > take a moment to review this message.
                > >
                > > To learn more about the kierkegaardians group,
                > > please visit
                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kierkegaardians
                > >
                > > To start sending messages to members of this group,
                > > simply
                > > send email to
                > > kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com
                > >
                > > If you do not wish to belong to kierkegaardians, you
                > > may
                > > unsubscribe by sending an email to
                > > kierkegaardians-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                > >
                > > To see and modify all of your groups, go to
                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups
                > >

                > > Regards,
                > >
                > > Moderator, kierkegaardians
                > >

                > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to