Kierkegaard conference

  • Bob Hayes
    Message 1 of 8 , May 13, 2003
      Greetings to the list. I am glad to finally see some activity.

      Is anyone planning to attend the one-day conference hosted by the
      Kierkegaard Society of the United Kingdom on Friday, June 27? I will copy
      the information. The contact, Murray Rae, is very good about responding to
      inquiries. I just made my plans to go.

      Bob Hayes
      The Soren Kierkegaard Society of the United Kingdom

      One Day Conference
      Friday 27th June, 2003, 10.30-5.30
      King's College, London

      'Kierkegaard And The Stages'

      Speakers include:

      Professor Stephen Evans, Baylor University, Texas
      Dr Hugh Pyper, University of Leeds
      Dr Peter Vardy, Heythrop College, University of London
      Dr Paul Martens, University of Notre Dame

      REGISTRATION FORM

      Name:.............. Title.... Institution.................

      Mailing Address:.................... Email..............

      I enclose payment of y ?10.00 Unwaged (Please make cheques payable
      to Soren Kierkegaard Society, UK)
      y ?15.00 Waged

      Send Registration form to: Dr Murray Rae, Department of Theology and
      Religious Studies, King's College, London, The Strand, London WC2R 2LS
      Inquiries: murray.rae@...

    • Bob Hayes
      Message 2 of 8 , May 13, 2003
        PS: Here is the web site for the KS of the UK:

        http://www.kierkegaard.org.uk/

        Bob Hayes
      • roncriss
        Message 3 of 8 , May 13, 2003
          JG,

          I'm the founder and owner of this group and casual conversation is
          definitely approved! It was my goal to create a virtual club where
          those with similar interest could meet and chat about whatever they
          like. In short - relax, make yourselves at home, and discuss whatever
          you like! It would be great though if Kierkegaard could turn up in
          the conversation every once in a while though!

          Another thing I'd like to see is for people to post their favorite
          Kierkegaard quotes occasionally. They are great for starting
          discussions.

          Above all I want everybody to feel that this is YOUR group!

          ~Ron~

          --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Glenn <jhgmail@y...>
          wrote:
          > Mohamed, welcome, my friend! I'm glad that you've
          > joined the list and I look forward to hearing from
          > you.
          > This list has not seen a lot of activity in the short
          > time I've been on it, and I would love to see renewed
          > interest. From my point of view, anyway, the exchanges
          > do not have to strictly focus on Kierkegaard (although
          > it would be great if they did).
          > If that's out of line, I'm sure someone will let me
          > know!
          > Peace-
          > JG
        • roncriss
          Message 4 of 8 , May 13, 2003
            Bob,

            Thanks for the info. UNfortunately I live in the USA and can't make
            the trip. I hope you'll report back to the group on your activities
            there, though. I wasn't aware of the UK Society. I'll add it to the
            Links if you haven't already!

            ~Ron~

            --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, Bob Hayes <hayeshr@c...>
            wrote:
            > PS: Here is the web site for the KS of the UK:
            >
            > http://www.kierkegaard.org.uk/
            >
            > Bob Hayes
          • Bob Hayes
            Message 5 of 8 , May 13, 2003
              Ron,

              I have not added it, though it also has a good links section too. I am new
              to this list. Are there other links you would be willing to send in a
              message? Incidentally, I'm from the US too (Chicago).

              wrote:
              > PS: Here is the web site for the KS of the UK:
              >
              > http://www.kierkegaard.org.uk/
              >
              > Bob Hayes

            • mohamed sayi
              Message 6 of 8 , May 16, 2003
                Dear Glen,

                I am pleased your last week note this morning. This tells me that there are real people out there responding to messages. Thanks. I am sorry for my belated answer. For the past few days I was very busy in maintaining the family´┐Żs existence, I was also meditating on the nature of things whenever I had time. Dear Glen and friends, what is tabled subject for discussion these days? How did Kierkegaard view death? How should we view death? Be real serious!

                Sincerely yours,

                Mohamed Sayi

                Jonathan Glenn <jhgmail@...> wrote:Mohamed, welcome, my friend! I'm glad that you've
                --- kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> [...]
                > Hello,
                >
                > Welcome to the kierkegaardians group at Yahoo!
                > Groups, a
                > free, easy-to-use email group service. Please
                > take a moment to review this message.
                >
                > To learn more about the kierkegaardians group,
                > please visit
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kierkegaardians
                >
                > To start sending messages to members of this group,
                > simply
                > send email to
                > kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > If you do not wish to belong to kierkegaardians, you
                > may
                > unsubscribe by sending an email to
                > kierkegaardians-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > To see and modify all of your groups, go to
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups
                >

                > Regards,
                >
                > Moderator, kierkegaardians
                >

                > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                > removed]

                > Message: 2
                > Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 02:32:40 -0700 (PDT)
                > From: cielo
                > Subject: Re: Welcome to kierkegaardians
                >
                > hi welcome! feel free to speak your mind here. it's
                > really interesting to meet new cultures.
                >
                > mohamed sayi wrote:
                > Dear friends,
                >
                > I am happy to be a part of the kierkegaardian
                > family. I like Kierkegaard and his thoughts. Just to
                > say a bit about my self I like and enjoy philosophy,
                > especially existentialism, metaphysics and also
                > eastern mysticism. I live in a Moslem society where
                > you can lose your status, property and even your
                > life by questioning the principals of religion. But
                > day and night I think and reflect about life, the
                > universe, existence, and death. Therefore it would
                > be a great release for me to discuss these things
                > with you guys.
                >
                > Sincerely yours,
                >
                > Mohamed Sayi
                >

                > kierkegaardians Moderator
                > wrote:
                > Hello,
                >
                > Welcome to the kierkegaardians group at Yahoo!
                > Groups, a
                > free, easy-to-use email group service. Please
                > take a moment to review this message.
                >
                > To learn more about the kierkegaardians group,
                > please visit
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kierkegaardians
                >
                > To start sending messages to members of this group,
                > simply
                > send email to
                > kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > If you do not wish to belong to kierkegaardians, you
                > may
                > unsubscribe by sending an email to
                > kierkegaardians-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > To see and modify all of your groups, go to
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups
                >

                > Regards,
                >
                > Moderator, kierkegaardians
                >

                > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                > removed]
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups SponsorEnter: [input] [input]

                === message truncated ===

              • kant992003
                Message 7 of 8 , May 26, 2003
                  --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, mohamed sayi
                  <mohamedsayi@y...> wrote:

                  > Dear Glen,
                  >
                  > I am pleased your last week note this morning. This tells me that
                  there are real people out there responding to messages. Thanks. I am
                  sorry for my belated answer. For the past few days I was very busy in
                  maintaining the family's existence, I was also meditating on the
                  nature of things whenever I had time. Dear Glen and friends, what is
                  tabled subject for discussion these days? How did Kierkegaard view
                  death? How should we view death? Be real serious!

                  > Sincerely yours,
                  >
                  > Mohamed Sayi
                  Hi I am new to the group. Doesn't Kierkegaard talk about how he views
                  death and how we should view death in his book THE SICKNESS UNTO
                  DEATH?
                  Mark

                  > Jonathan Glenn <jhgmail@y...> wrote:Mohamed, welcome, my friend!
                  I'm glad that you've
                  > joined the list and I look forward to hearing from
                  > you.
                  > This list has not seen a lot of activity in the short
                  > time I've been on it, and I would love to see renewed
                  > interest. From my point of view, anyway, the exchanges
                  > do not have to strictly focus on Kierkegaard (although
                  > it would be great if they did).
                  > If that's out of line, I'm sure someone will let me
                  > know!
                  > Peace-
                  > JG
                  > --- kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                  ----

                  > > There are 3 messages in this issue.
                  > >
                  > > Topics in this digest:
                  > >
                  > > 1. Re: Welcome to kierkegaardians
                  > > From: mohamed sayi
                  > >
                  > > 2. Re: Welcome to kierkegaardians
                  > > From: cielo
                  > > 3. Re: Welcome to kierkegaardians
                  > > From: cielo

                  __

                  __

                  > > Message: 1
                  > > Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 02:05:35 -0700 (PDT)
                  > > From: mohamed sayi
                  > > Subject: Re: Welcome to kierkegaardians
                  > >

                  > > Dear friends,
                  > >
                  > > I am happy to be a part of the kierkegaardian
                  > > family. I like Kierkegaard and his thoughts. Just to
                  > > say a bit about my self I like and enjoy philosophy,
                  > > especially existentialism, metaphysics and also
                  > > eastern mysticism. I live in a Moslem society where
                  > > you can lose your status, property and even your
                  > > life by questioning the principals of religion. But
                  > > day and night I think and reflect about life, the
                  > > universe, existence, and death. Therefore it would
                  > > be a great release for me to discuss these things
                  > > with you guys.
                  > >
                  > > Sincerely yours,
                  > >
                  > > Mohamed Sayi
                  > >

                  > > kierkegaardians Moderator
                  > > wrote:
                  > > Hello,
                  > >
                  > > Welcome to the kierkegaardians group at Yahoo!
                  > > Groups, a
                  > > free, easy-to-use email group service. Please
                  > > take a moment to review this message.
                  > >
                  > > To learn more about the kierkegaardians group,
                  > > please visit
                  > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kierkegaardians
                  > >
                  > > To start sending messages to members of this group,
                  > > simply
                  > > send email to
                  > > kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com
                  > >
                  > > If you do not wish to belong to kierkegaardians, you
                  > > may
                  > > unsubscribe by sending an email to
                  > > kierkegaardians-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  > >
                  > > To see and modify all of your groups, go to
                  > > http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups
                  > >

                  > > Regards,
                  > >
                  > > Moderator, kierkegaardians
                  > >

                  > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to