Re: Welcome to kierkegaardians

  • mohamed sayi
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2003
      Dear friends,

      I am happy to be a part of the kierkegaardian family. I like Kierkegaard and his thoughts. Just to say a bit about my self I like and enjoy philosophy, especially existentialism, metaphysics and also eastern mysticism. I live in a Moslem society where you can lose your status, property and even your life by questioning the principals of religion. But day and night I think and reflect about life, the universe, existence, and death. Therefore it would be a great release for me to discuss these things with you guys.

      Sincerely yours,

      Mohamed Sayi

      kierkegaardians Moderator <kierkegaardians-owner@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Hello,

      Welcome to the kierkegaardians group at Yahoo! Groups, a
      free, easy-to-use email group service. Please
      take a moment to review this message.

      To learn more about the kierkegaardians group, please visit
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kierkegaardians

      To start sending messages to members of this group, simply
      send email to
      kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com

      If you do not wish to belong to kierkegaardians, you may
      unsubscribe by sending an email to
      kierkegaardians-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To see and modify all of your groups, go to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups

      Regards,

      Moderator, kierkegaardians

    • cielo

          Message 4 of 4 , May 13, 2003
            Mohamed,

            Welcome to the group and take care. Feel free to start discussions or
            ask questions. We need some good conversations here. Also be sure to
            check the group's Links and Photos. Feel free to add to them if you
            like.

            Have you ever read Henry David Thoreau? If not I would recommend his
            book "Walden" to start. He was part of the Concord Transcendentalist
            movement in the 19th Century. You and the other members of this group
            might be interested in another group I founded which is "Concordian"
            based around this movement and its ideas, especially those of Thoreau
            and Ralph Waldo Emerson. The address is:

            Anyone that is interested is invited to join. Every time I need a
            priority readjustment in my life I read Walden! There are links at
            the Concordian group to Thoreau and Emerson's works online.

            ~Ron~

            --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, mohamed sayi