Kierkegaard and Terrorism

  • alcofrybas_nasier
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2005
      How would K respond to today terrorism? I suggest that he might see it
      in the same way that he viewed revolutionary fervor in Napoleonic
      France (and iscussed in his _Literary Review_, ala "The Present Age".)
      The passion of the terrorists for what they believe, their willingness
      to die for their beliefs, their complete obedience to a higher ideal,
      the opposition to secular culture--these seem to be something that
      Kierkegaard might admire, in the context of the dissolution of Xtendom
      and the nihilism of secular culture.