Re: [Kierkegaardian] Objectivity:

  • alcofrybas_nasier
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2005
      --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, "<none>" <jamesrovira@y...> wrote:
      > The objectivity that negates the subjective is precisely Hegelian
      > objectivity: the individual is eclipsed in the development of Absolute
      > Spirit in history. If you don't get this, you'll never get K.

      It might be helpful to maintain Kierkegaard's binary syntheses in
      understanding these issues:

      freedom -- necessity
      eternal -- temporal
      possibility -- actuality

      I believe that the opposition you pose in inclosing reserve relates to
      that between possibility and actuality. Inwardness, and true
      subjectivity, understands itself in terms of this binary synthesis.
      The actual is objective in the sense that it exists and forms the
      material bases for existence.