[Kierkegaardian] Re: "The Concept of Anxiety", Guilt and Sin (2)

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
      >Those are good answers/quotations. I see CUP as a turning point, yes,
      and occupying the center place in that regard. But as the book by
      which all other books are to be interpreted? I don't know. I think his
      thought changed over time, even after the publication of CUP.

      Who said that the CUP was the book by which all other books are to be
      interpreted? Either you are indulging in rhetorical excess as a
      debating tactic or you did not read carefully enough what I had said.
      All I said was that according to the quote he had used that book to
      pull his previous books under a single umbrella, so to speak. He said
      it, not I. This is what I meant by dotting i's and crossing t's. Yes,
      his thoughts did seem to change, but in my reading of his works, it
      was more like variations on a single theme and not a new theme.

      >There's no question that the central issue in all his books is being
      a Christian, and rescuing people either from the states of the
      aesthetic onward or from the system.

      The question that remains is one of how he carried that forward. How
      do you see him as going about this rescue? Do you see Purity of Heart
      as a guide to this rescue? Two sites, for what it is worth----

      http://www.sofn.org.uk/The_Collection/Personal/purity.html

      http://www.sofn.org.uk/The_Collection/Theology/rerev.html

      >He seems to always be addressing this, but there are several
      different ideas that fall under this umbrella.

      That you will have to explain to me. Does SK have several different
      ideas? If so, what do you see? How do you see these 'several'
      connecting to the 'one'? Or is it the readers who interpret him
      differently? That's for sure. Just look at the diversity within this
      group. ----willy