[Kierkegaardian] Re: what

  • roncriss
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 10, 2003
      --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Tindall" <mbtin@t...>
      wrote:
      > cielo wrote:
      > I find him very difficult to understand in some books and open to
      varying
      > interpretations. His indirect communication is sometimes totally
      obscure.

      Mark and Cielo,

      I would recommend SK's Diaries and his "Upbuilding Discourses" for
      his straight opinions. Anything he wrote under a pseudonym cannot be
      considered to be his own opinion. He wrote thos works in an effort
      to, in effect, trick his audience into Christianity.

      ~Ron~
    • roncriss
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 10, 2003
        --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, cielo <annacoelum@y...> wrote:

        > also something remarkable about him..he's the forerunner of
        existentialism. i think unconsciously he didnt know he was setting a
        trend already. and a lot followed. he is a theist existentialist and
        his thoughts are what also gave way to the non-theistic ones... i am
        so absorbed with his melancholy... man why did he really broke that
        engagement????

        Cielo,

        I believe he broke that engagement for two reasons. First, he
        thought that scripturally speaking, celibacy was the higher state:

        1 Corinthians 7
        8Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to
        stay unmarried, as I am. 9But if they cannot control themselves, they
        should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

        Secondly he saw suffering as a crucial aspect of the Christian life:

        Romans 8:17
        Now if we are children, then we are heirs–heirs of God and co­heirs
        with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we
        may also share in his glory.

        ~Ron~
      • roncriss
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 10, 2003
          --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, "Will Brown <wilbro99@y...>"
          <wilbro99@y...> wrote:

          > Hi Ron, I have found my way back and am ready to do the
          Kierkegaardian
          > again. I'll look through the last few posts and add a comment or so.
          > ----willy

          Welcome back Willy!

          ~Ron~