Re: Hoarse, hourse, horse!

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
      --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, nnn88388 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > --- In kierkegaardians@yahoogroups.com, "Will Brown" <wilbro99@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > JB, this time, I'll try a point by point response.
      > >
      > > >No, you're flying again, I'm afraid, way too high for me. I am
      > just a
      > > rookie here. See I haven't yet finished this Either/Or and you are
      > > presenting something that seems to be claiming over the whole
      > picture
      > > of K's production. No, Sir, ain't half fair-play!
      > >
      > > Yeah, right, a rookie. I sense from your reply to Nick that you
      > know
      > > well your way around this matter of subjectivity, so gimme a break;
      > > you are not turnip truck material. I took you at your word that the
      > > difference between the pedestrian use of ethical and the use of the
      > > term as apparently used by SK created a dilemma of some sort for
      > you.
      > > My intent was to paint you a picture of that difference by laying
      > out
      > > what I saw as SK's use of the term.
      > >
      > > >The only thing the poor me understands in your fly-off is that
      > > Either-Or was an early paper, not a late one. So it excludes one of
      > > the hypothesis I mentioned in my previous reflection.
      > >
      > > Did you not understand that when I began with the short paragraph
      > that
      > > I was saying that there was one idea running through his works that
      > > made each part a whole? I was offering the chance to step back from
      > > your particular E/O view to get a greater perspective.
      > >
      > > >Fuck, I am back to ground zero!
      > >
      > > Shit, man, get you eye off your particular question and look to
      > > understand SK's use of the term. When you see that, then make that
      > > comparison.
      > >
      > > >Is the beautiful painting... as a sign... or as a sign...
      > something
      > > unethical ?
      > >
      > > Not that I am aware of. What makes you think it is? Why does the
      > > question even arise? Before you can answer that question do you not
      > > have to determine what the ethical is, or means?
      > >
      > > >I am being stubborn but I sense the ethical (my conception of the
      > > ethical) to be some sort of absolute so I cannot joke about the
      > > hypothesis under which something which is mine (the portrait) also
      > is
      > > unethical.
      > >
      > > Now, either you are expressing a personal dilemma or you are using
      > > that expression, fact or not, as the vehicle to ask another sort of
      > > question. That is what my reference to the spider and the fly and
      > the
      > > parlor that I started my response with; I did not know which level
      > you
      > > inhabited.
      > >
      > > >This is very serious business for me! You probably can't
      > understand.
      > > You don't have this picture...
      > >
      > > Yes, I still do not know to whom I am speaking. As a reformed
      > > dissembler, I am always suspicious of someone waltzing in as a tyro
> [...]

      Hey, Ursa Major, my tomatoes are gone with the summer heat and the cat
      is a she that can't be in heat. Otherwise, the fettle is fine. I have
      just stumbled across a CUP quote from something that I had archived
      some time ago. It was Lowrie so I added the Hong to it and will post
      it as a new thread. I think it is another 'ears to hear' quote.
      ----ursa minor