Re: OS X build

  • Logan Hedin
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
      Any Luck Bryan?

      --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Stillwell <bryan@...> wrote:

      > Currently there are some build issues on the 2006-01-19 release which
      > doesn't allow it to build on Debian, so I wouldn't think it would work
      > on OSX yet. I'll see if I can get it patched up this weekend.
      >
      > Bryan
      >
      > On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 02:11:22AM -0000, Logan Hedin wrote:
      > >I attempted a Scons build last night and received GL errors. I picoed
      > >the script but did not have time to examine further. Ill probe further
      > >this evening.. do you know if your script has been modified for the
      > >2006-01-19 sources?
      > >
      > >--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Stillwell <bryan@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> I used a modified version of my SCons build scripts. I think I had to
      > >> add some framework flags for opengl since the wx-config script didn't
      > >> report them correctly...
      > >>
      > >> Bryan

      > >duplicate

    • Bryan Stillwell
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
        I haven't tested it on OSX yet, but I was able to get a working Linux
        build with SCons and Jean-Pierre's latest code. It still has the
        missing framework options for OSX, but at least it's building again. If
        you want to take a look, check out the bokeoa-scons branch on berlios.

        Bryan

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
          Bryan, I'm trying to get my subversion client to deal with your address. I might have to
          modify my paths. any suggestions? Ideas? I haven't found a very good subvert client for OS
          X yet.
          -L

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
            I was able to modify my path and grab your Subversion via aliasing. I attempted # scons
            but my Scons package is to old. I believe it was a finked copy 0.96.1 or so. I'll try and
            update scons via fink and give the build command again. wish me luck!

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
              Logan,

              I just took a look at my old work getting it to work on OSX and it looks
              like I used the following LINKFLAGS:

              -framework OpenGL -framework AGL

              I believe if you add this line to cvpcb/SConscript and pcbnew/SConscript
              you'll be able to get it to compile, but I haven't tested it yet:

              obj.linkflags='-framework OpenGL -framework AGL'

              Good luck!

              Bryan

              On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 02:31:33AM -0000, Logan Hedin wrote:
              >I was able to modify my path and grab your Subversion via aliasing. I attempted # scons
              >but my Scons package is to old. I believe it was a finked copy 0.96.1 or so. I'll try and
              >update scons via fink and give the build command again. wish me luck!
              >
              >--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "Logan Hedin" <logan@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Bryan, I'm trying to get my subversion client to deal with your address. I might have to
              >> modify my paths. any suggestions? Ideas? I haven't found a very good subvert client for
              >OS
              >> X yet.
              >> -L
            • Ian bell
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
                Bryan Stillwell wrote:
                > Logan,
                >
                > I just took a look at my old work getting it to work on OSX and it looks
                > like I used the following LINKFLAGS:
                >
                > -framework OpenGL -framework AGL

                Don't take this the wrong way guys but would you please move this
                discussion to the kicad development group.

                Ian
              • Logan Hedin
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 2, 2006
                  Bryan, I have updated scons now I am having an Wx-config location problem. more
                  specifically my paths var will not recognize wxMac. My build location is (/usr/local/bin)
                  same as every thing else.... little stumped..but...
                  I think we have been busted by Ian for dev talk in the users forum. I can understand this is
                  a Dev issue [sory guys]! I will move this discussion to the dev group message forum.
                  Thanks again Bryan.
                  -Logan

                  --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Stillwell <bryan@...> wrote:

                  > Logan,
                  >
                  > I just took a look at my old work getting it to work on OSX and it looks
                  > like I used the following LINKFLAGS:
                  >
                  > -framework OpenGL -framework AGL
                  >

                  > I believe if you add this line to cvpcb/SConscript and pcbnew/SConscript
                  > you'll be able to get it to compile, but I haven't tested it yet:
                  >
                  > obj.linkflags='-framework OpenGL -framework AGL'
                  >

                  > Good luck!
                  >
                  > Bryan
                  >
                  > On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 02:31:33AM -0000, Logan Hedin wrote:
                  > >I was able to modify my path and grab your Subversion via aliasing. I attempted #
                  scons
                  > >but my Scons package is to old. I believe it was a finked copy 0.96.1 or so. I'll try and
                  > >update scons via fink and give the build command again. wish me luck!
                  > >
                  > >--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "Logan Hedin" <logan@> wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >> Bryan, I'm trying to get my subversion client to deal with your address. I might have
                  > >> modify my paths. any suggestions? Ideas? I haven't found a very good subvert client
                  for
                  > >OS
                  > >> X yet.
                  > >> -L

                • Ian bell
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 3, 2006
                    Logan Hedin wrote:
                    > Bryan, I have updated scons now I am having an Wx-config location problem. more
                    > specifically my paths var will not recognize wxMac. My build location is (/usr/local/bin)
                    > same as every thing else.... little stumped..but...
                    > I think we have been busted by Ian for dev talk in the users forum. I can understand this is
                    > a Dev issue [sory guys]! I will move this discussion to the dev group message forum.

                    Thanks guys. I think there is more expertise there to solve your
                    problem. Good Luck and I look forward to the announcement of a Mac OSX
                    version of Kicad.

                    Ian