Inverted text in PCBNEW?

  • korpx
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
      Is it possible to create "inverted" text in copper layers in PCBNEW?

      As far as I can see PCBNEW always creates a copper free rectangle around the text and the letters are copper. This enhances the readability, I agree, but having it the other way around allows for text in tight places and saves etchant.
    • mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
        I agree, you can create a more professional look that way, the lettering sometimes looks kind of amateurish with a box around it in a copper
        area.

        Would be super nice to be able to import a graphic as well. I know, these are not really essential functions, but after spending many hours
        upon hours designing a complex board, it is desirable to be able to put a few nice finishing touches on it.

        --Mike