Welcome

  • ruffrecords
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      Hi Everybody,

      Welcome to the Kicad Users Group. I hope we have some lively and
      constructive discussions on this excellent EDA package. I'll start the
      ball rolling with a couple of questions of my own.

      1. Why does cvpcb exit whenever you save netlist and cmp list?

      2. The MOSFET_N component in Eeschema has pins labeled G,D and S
      rather than 1,2 and 3 as with regular transistors. If you select a
      TO220 package for it in cvpcb then an error occurs in pcbnew when the
      netlist is loaded. The error says the pins G,S and D cannot be found.
      There is a specific module for one specific component that has a TO220
      shape but S,G and D pins. Whilst this works it is confusing.

      Ian