Re: FreeRoute Error Message - Multiple components have identical reference IDs of "1

  • tmortus
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2012
      I figured this out. I had four holes for mounting with the same name. I've changed the names to unique names and numbers and can now export a DSN file. However after I run autorouter and export a ses file and then try to import it into PCBNew I get an error:

      IO_ERROR: Session file has 'reference' to non-existent component "Hole1"
      from /builddir/build/BUILD/kicad-2012.01.19/pcbnew/specctra.cpp : ThrowIOError() : line 119
      BOARD may be corrupted, do not save it.
      Fix problem and try again.

      I can see this is still related to my hole modules. I see it says component. Do I have to create a component in eeschema for the holes even if they are not connected to anything?