Re: Is there a way to pause the Freerouting tool and save the current state of the design ??

  • Tony Casey
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29 6:13 AM
      --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

      > I thought I'd also try asking here besides on the Freerouting.net forum.
      > Their forum doesn't appear to be too active.
      >
      > Is there a way to pause the Freerouting tool ?
      > And save the current state of pcb design. Then I like to view the
      > current results in PCBnew.
      >
      > All see in it's File Mennu, that has anything to do with this is a
      > "Cancel & Exit" selection. I sure don't like that option. I see already
      > there's an "Export Specctra Session" selection. But it seems it's not
      > possible to use this while the tool is running, as it displays an error
      > message "writing session file failed"
      >
      > =Dan

      Dan,

      When Freerouter is running, Left-click stops the router (says in the status line at the bottom) and retains the routes. You can then export the .SES file.

      Regards,
      Tony
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29 8:27 AM
        On 04/29/2012 09:13 AM, Tony Casey wrote:

        > Dan,
        >
        > When Freerouter is running, Left-click stops the router (says in the
        > status line at the bottom) and retains the routes. You can then export
        > the .SES file.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Tony

        ah, ok. I wasn't entirely sure about that message. It says "stop" which
        usually implies the operation is over and won't continue, but rather
        start from the beginning -- rather than a "pause" button. I will give
        this a try.

        thanks for the Tip !
        =Dan