Re: [kicad-users] negative printer output

  • Olivier Gautherot
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27 8:31 AM
      Hi Marc!

      You get my vote too. Ideally, it could be added to the Gerber generator, as well as mirror, on a file by file basis.

      Cheers
      Olivier

      marc olanié wrote:

      Hi

      I would like to know if it could be possible to imagine a future version of Kicad able to deliver a 1 :1 negative printer output.

      Most of the photoresist roll you can buy on the internet are using the professional negative standard that photoplotters can use… finding “posireflex” (particularly in france) is sometime quite difficult.

      I wish to use a printer generated kicad output on an home made presensitized FR4 board (or any other kind of support…  teflon and some hyperfrequency substrate don’t exist in presensitized form). And I want to avoid using a third party software to convert a bmp or pdf output of my board… just to avoid bad conversion surprises or any artifact due to this process.

      Sounds silly or would it be realistic ?

      Cheers

      Marc

      --

      Olivier Gautherot
      Email: olivier@...

    • Andy Eskelson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 28 4:51 AM
        I'm not quite sure what happened to my post on this, so apologies if this
        ends up as a double post, blame it on yahoo :-))

        Use the PLOT output and select postscript as the output format. There is
        a negative option there that you can select.

        Andy