Re: [kicad-users] Re: Tried the FreeRouting option - get an error when exporting to *.dsn file

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 27 5:09 PM
      On 04/27/2012 10:31 AM, dickelbeck wrote:
      > > The >>actual<< Reference name it was complaining about was called
      > > "MOUNT-HOLE1" not just "M". So someone should really look into
      > improving
      > > the Error reporting when it comes to this.
      >
      > I did, the code looks fine.
      >
      > I'm not an expert programmer,
      > > primarily in hardware but I dabble a lot in programming. But I do know
      > > it's very important to provide >>clear and concise<< error reporting,
      > > Otherwise your work is not going to help anyone -- but I digress.
      >
      > You did, into a worthless realm.
      >
      > Open your board with a text editor. If you do not find the module named
      > "M", then submit a patch to lines around line number 979 of
      > specctra_export.cpp

      As I mentioned in my original reply, the first paragraph describes how I
      resolved the problem. I also had stated that I double checked the
      schematics for any Component Reference ID that begins with an "M".
      Thereafter, the specctra export worked fine and it's now currently in
      autoroute. Therefore the error message was indeed referring to these 4
      mounting holes I had added in PCBnew at a later stage.

      Perhaps the error reporting is truncating the Reference name ??

      =Dan
    • Manveru
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2012
        2012/4/26 Dan Roganti <ragooman@...>
        [...]

        I can successfully run the autorouter using Freerouting.net. Its working
        right now. I also installed QtAutorouter, but it doesn't seem to start
        after I load the *.dsn file and clisk on the 'Start' button--because I
        see no indication that's it's running (As I do with the FreeRouting.net
        tool)

        I noticed inside the QtAutorouter Preferences, on the Autorouter tab,
        the Default Autorouter menu selection is left blank --and there's no
        other selection to choose--. Maybe this is reason ? Can this be correct ?

        QAutorouter is a project at very early stage. It is not yet ready to be used for any kind of production, it can be used only for testing partially done elements of the application. However some plug-ins are being developed right now.

        --
        Manveru
        jabber: manveru@...