Re: PWR/GND pins

  • f6eeq
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27 6:34 AM
      Thanks for the answer and explanations Andy, this is more or less what I was figuring out.
      Problem is that 10 components have 10 designation for pwr/gnd (I'm exaggerating a bit but not so much!!)and I took only standard components from KICAD library, I just changed the names to suit my needs.

      So I think that I will build my own library each time I use a new component and make some "home standard" with the usually used voltages and the like.

      SDR is DR2 by YU1LM (easily found on Google), which is easy to build because made with common components, one sided board so not too difficult to etch.
      This will be a nice/easy start in the SDR world!

      By the way, one sided is not so easy to make automatically with KICAD because standard is two.
      So I try to route manually, but I understood that at amateur level it's better and faster (automatic placement is running really long even for simple boards!) and you master the power and ground lines, which is not so critical because I'm not in the VHF/UHF range, but stray capacitance could be annoying!

      Thanks again and have a nice WE.

      73 de Gerard F6EEQ
      JN25MA
      CW fan