Re: kicad plugin for sketchup

  • Bruno Tremblay
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18 11:27 AM
      Hi Giovanni,

      I use Sketchup Pro 8 and I'm interest to try your plugin. In my previous work, we made some test importing . wrl componant in SolidWorks but it wasn't easy to have a full board to work with.

      Bye

      Bruno

      --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, Giovanni Di trapani <giodi1973@> wrote:

      > Hi to all,
      > I'm new to this group, and I like to share a SW useful for those peoples works with electronics and mechanical stuff. I created a plugin for Google Sketchup that import kicad .brd files. This first version allow to create 3D representations of our electronic boards, allowing us to build customized case, for example. In the attached archive, there is a sample and a guide.
      > Hope you like it!
      > For any question, suggestions, pls be free to reply me.
      > Thanks
      > Bye
      > Giovanni
      >
      > ps: if you think it's a valid SW, I could open a discussion.
      > ps2: sorry for my not well english

    • giodi1973
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20 8:24 AM
        Ciao Bruno,
        you can try the last version of my plugin (2.0). I don't expect critical issues. Pls keep in mind that I've tested with my few boards. If you can't load any of your boards, pls send it to me, as I can check and fix further bugs.
        Thanks
        Ciao
        Giovanni