Re: [kicad-users] Re: Kicad Module Scanner / Viewer

  • Marcelo Politzer
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 17 6:28 PM

      Document Not Found

      The document you requested could not be found.

      I would like you to consider putting it in a repository (github), or something similar if you intend to open the code so we can help you out :)

      2012/4/17 al_thomason <al_thomason@...>

      Hate to be one of 'Those' guys . . . But any chance of a WinXp version in the future?

      -al-

      --
      []s,
      Marcelo

    • storan4wd
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 20 5:57 AM
        Hi Al,

        There'll never be a specific Windows version I'm afraid; but, strictly
        between you and me, I said "Linux only" because I don't have any Windows
        development environments to try it out on. As I only use standard Qt
        and bash/gawk scripts there's a fair chance it might compile as is
        (providing Qt and the corresponding Gnu coreutils etc. were installed of
        course). If/ when Kicad 4 arrives, I suspect it will make my viewer
        obsolete at a stroke so I'm not going to spend much more time on it
        (apart from uploading my latest version which allows you to copy
        footprints from one library to another).

        Regards,

        Bob

        --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "al_thomason" <al_thomason@...>
        wrote:

        > Hate to be one of 'Those' guys . . . But any chance of a WinXp
        version in the future?

        > -al-

      • storan4wd
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 20 8:07 AM
          I have just uploaded a screenshot and updated project file to kicad-module-scanner folder.

          This update fixes a few shortcomings and now allows the copying of footprints between libraries.

          To build the application see the README file.

          Bob

          --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "storan4wd" <bob.balderson@...> wrote:

          > I've just uploaded kmv
          > <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4Gp0TzQ3U10zYOvLjlzK-UK5cB77YTmb6bPmfI_bF8\
          > mOgIDRuhwkD2GlijzO2yyxKNyYnkUG4QdNbRTK5Qj-faJ3xMMR7X7OXcQS0hk7aZF-Xh4b1q\
          > 66erbSRg/kicad-module-scanner.tar.gz> . (
          > <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4Gp0TzQ3U10zYOvLjlzK-UK5cB77YTmb6bPmfI_bF8\
          > mOgIDRuhwkD2GlijzO2yyxKNyYnkUG4QdNbRTK5Qj-faJ3xMMR7X7OXcQS0hk7aZF-Xh4b1q\
          > 66erbSRg/kicad-module-scanner.tar.gz> kicad-module-scanner.tar.gz)
          >
          > This is a first stab at a scanner/viewer/search utility for Kicad
          > footprints. Linux/Qt only. QT frontend, bash+gawk backend.
          >
          > It allows you to scan files or whole folders for mod files. You can then
          > query the findings on number of pins, module name, keywords etc. and
          > view the results. It also adds useful info like pin pitch and tries to
          > guess at outline dimensions.
          >
          > I haven't packaged it - it's just an Eclipse QT project currently
          > compiled for X86-64 platforms. If you're a techie it might be fun to
          > play with; if not - patience is a virtue. I will try and polish it up if
          > there's any demand.
          >
          > I was going to add a screenshot but I can't see how to create an
          > attachment here.
          >
          > Bob

        • storan4wd
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 20 8:36 AM
            Hi Marcelo,

            Thanks for the suggestion; the updated project is here.  I won't put it in repository as it's really just a crude utility for personal use and likely to be obsoleted with new versions of Kicad fairly quickly. Anyone who wishes to do so is very welcome though!

            Regards,

            Bob

            --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, Marcelo Politzer <mpolitzer.c@...> wrote:

            > Document Not FoundThe document you requested could not be found.
            >
            > I would like you to consider putting it in a repository (github), or
            > something similar if you intend to open the code so we can help you out :)
            >
            > 2012/4/17 al_thomason al_thomason@...
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hate to be one of 'Those' guys . . . But any chance of a WinXp version in
            > > the future?
            > >
            > > -al-
            > >

            > --
            > []s,
            > Marcelo

          • Jean-Paul Gendner
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 5, 2012

              Hello,

                          Question: is there a way to change the clearance just for one track, kind of track or one area in a board?

                          Any help or advice is welcome,

                          Regards,

                          Jean-Paul

              ****************

              Jean-Paul Gendner

            • Andy Eskelson
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 5, 2012
                You can define a custom track in the design rules window. That can then
                be applied to a specified net, so that could do most of what you want,
                but it does have limitations if you are not careful when using the
                global replace options. Best to have a play about with the design rules
                setup and you will see what can be done.

                I've never needed to change the clearance of an area, and to be honest
                that's not really something I would even think about doing. I don't think
                there is a way to do this, but I've never really looked for it so I could
                be wrong about that.

                Andy

                On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 21:26:24 +0200
                "Jean-Paul Gendner" <jean-paul.gendner@...> wrote:

                > Hello,
                >

                > Question: is there a way to change the clearance just for one
                > track, kind of track or one area in a board?
                >

                > Any help or advice is welcome,
                >

                > Regards,
                >
                > Jean-Paul
                >

                > ****************
                >
                > Jean-Paul Gendner

              • Jean-Paul Gendner
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 6, 2012

                  Many thanks Andy,

                              I think I have understood and have now to try as soon as I found time! The raison is that the track must be a 100 ohms microstrip line for a 3GHz signal, and I think that ground or other signals should not be to close.

                              Regards,

                              Jean-Paul

                  Jean-Paul Gendner

                  03.88.27.03.44