A safe and supportive network for lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender South Asians in Texas.
Membership is restricted to Queer South Asians and their partners who live in Texas. We define South Asians as those individuals who have origins in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka. While we may consider extending membership privileges to others on a case by case basis according to criteria set forth by the group, the goal of our group is to provide a safe site for Queer South Asians.
Khush according to Pratibha Parmar: "“Khush” means ecstatic pleasure in Urdu. For South Asian lesbians and gay men in Britain, North America, and India the term captures the blissful intricacies of being queer and of color. Inspiring testimonies bridge geographical differences to locate shared experiences of isolation and exoticization but also the unremitting joys and solidarity of being “khush”."
|Website: www.khushtexas.org|| |
Phone: (469) 454-8741
- Lesbians, Gays, and Bisexuals
- Jan 29, 2004
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.