Re: [khabor.com] Campaign to raise US$10 Million from USA alone for the flood affected people in Bangladesh

  • doc doc
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
      Thanks a lot Mithu Bhai . I am willing to provide my time , effort and my expertise in medicine for this natural disaster in my country  But I am not good in arranging/managing  things like these fund raising events . I would need some help.
      Even I can do a small "Free Health Screening Event" for the fund raising -where people can get Diabetes/Blood sugar check,BP check,pulse Ox. for $10.00 donation may be . But that would need media-Advertising to let people know.
      Please let me know.

      Dr Afroza Bari MD,MPH
      Florida.

      "Eng. M. M. Chowdhury (Mithu)" <cgmpservices@...> wrote:
      Dear Dr. Afroze Bari,

      I do appreciate to give your hand in this noble cause.  Please let me know if you can make few events for fund rising in Florida.  I have few contacts in Florida I will give you if need it.  I am thinking to make fund raising event in every state, city in USA.  I will be going to Orgeon, Portland for a business meeting after next week,  I will try to see if I find any Bangladeshi to make a fund raising event there where I can join.

      Please let me know if anything I can do to make it happen.  USA politicians can raise lots of money through online campaign, why we cant?

      Thanks,
      Eng. M. M. CHowdhury
      678-858-5952

      doc doc <doc_girl2003@...> wrote:
      Hello Mr Chowdhury
      Thank You very much for setting up this service on time which is very much needed . Your thoughts have been very constructive for Bangladesh and I really appreciate that.
      I would like to be part of it and will be waiting for the info.
      I will forward your info to my friends also who are interested, will try my best to help those needy people.
      Again Thanks a lot....

      Dr Afroza Bari MD,MPH
      Florida..

      "Eng. M. M. Chowdhury (Mithu)" <cgmpservices@...> wrote:
      Goal:
      I am sure that we are aware of the flood situation in Bangladesh and we have individual responsibility to help those flood affected people in Bangladesh.  I believe that Non-Bangladeshi Residents (NBR) living in USA can donate at least US$10 Million to this help those hungry and displaced people to survive in this interim period.  I am counting at least 50 other countries where NBR are living can raise total US$500 Million (Each country US$10) for this cause.  I like to focus in this unified effort so every village in Bangladesh can get our help through our selected credible NGOs.  Let Bangladesh Govt to do their effort in this situation and we may advise them time to time to make it efficient and expedite the relief process.
      Why should we donate?
      I know that we have limitation when comes to the finance.  We as Bangladeshi also has tendency to shy away from the donation activities both for personal or other reasons.  I also know that we donate in our areas in Bangladesh through family members frequently.  I will encourage continue doing it but I also like you to be part of this united effort to help every flood affected individual in Bangladesh.  I am asking every individual to donate minimum US$20 to no maximum limit through Change Bangladesh Organization, USA.
      How you can help to raise US$10 Million?
      For individuals:
      1) Please forward this email to all your friends and families and encourage them to donate through website or send checks to the accounts in USA and Bangladesh (Change Bangladesh Organization, USA has set-up one bank account in USA and one account in Bangladesh,  more info will come to my next email or check at www.changeBanglades h.com).  Your donation will be tax deductible.  Donation collection and distribution will follow all US Govt regulations and laws.
      2) Schedule a fund raising event in your house or restaurants.  This can be done with individual effort and send the collected money to the Bank accounts in USA or Bangladesh set-up by Change Bangladesh Organization.
      3)  Talk to your collogues, coworkers, or employers (if permitted) about the dire situation in South East Asia country like Bangladesh where 50 million people are without food and displaced from their homes.  Ask for their donation.
      For Business:
      1) Please put a flier at your businesses about the flood situation in Bangladesh and encourage donating through the website or sending check to Change Bangladesh Organization, USA.  Plan to donate a potion of your business weekly profit to this cause.
      For Media:
      Media can play a crucial role to raise this money.  All media including TVs, online news papers, weekly should put a 5 second add to encourage donate money to Change Bangladesh Organization, USA.  There are lots of people in USA do not know where to send the donation.  I ask individual who knows the media, please contact them to be involved here.  Please call me if you have any questions about the format of the advertisement.
      Why donating through Change Bangladesh Organization, USA?
      As most of you know that when any individual donate money through any organization in USA, approximately 40% of donated money is spent on administration cost. Change Bangladesh Organization, USA will pay for all the administration cost (paid by the directors of Change Bangladesh Org. USA) to collect and send money to Bangladesh.  These activities will be transplant and personal accountable.  You 100% money will be sent to the needy.
      Collected money will be spent on:
      A)   Select various credible NGOs in Bangladesh.
      B)    Buy Medicines, Food, and Drinking Water etc
      C)   Send cash where is needed
      Please give us your hand to raise the target US$10 Million in USA for the flood affected people in Bangladesh.  I will urge foreign countries individual to contact me how to run this campaign.  It might take some times to update our website to do all these activities.  Please check our website time to time.  Any productive comment will be appreciated.

      Note:  Change Bangladesh Organization, USA will put an electronic flier in the website for your distribution.  Bank accounts and address will be posted shortly.

      Regards,

      Eng. M. M. Chowdhury, Atlanta, USA
      CEO, Amreteck LLC, USA

      Director of Operation, Change Bangladesh Organization, USA
      (Portfolio: Foreign Investment, Economic Opportunity & Job Creation)

                       www.amreteckpharma. com

      Email: MChowdhury@amreteck pharma.com

      Got a little couch potato?

      Regards,

      Eng. M. M. Chowdhury, Atlanta, USA
      CEO, Amreteck LLC, USA

      Director of Operation, Change Bangladesh Organization, USA
      (Portfolio: Foreign Investment, Economic Opportunity & Job Creation)

                       www.amreteckpharma.com

      Email: MChowdhury@...

    • Muhammed Kabir
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
        Congratulation for the initiative.
        We are with you.
        Good luck.

        Anisul Kabir Jasir
        Secretary
        Ahsania Mission USA, Inc.
        917 560 9288

        United Nations Representative
        Dhaka Ahsania Mission
        www.ahsaniacancer.org

        bristi ahmed <bristyahmad@...> wrote:
        Thanks brother about your concerne to help BD. I would like to donate some, if you can forward me address to send me, i would appreciate that.

        Everybody here should help bd for the needy people instead of wasting money for all kind of shomiti, bring singer from bd, sponser fashion show, donate tv, vcr, video in the picnic. They should spend money to help the poor,

        Allah Hafez.

        "Eng. M. M. Chowdhury (Mithu)" <cgmpservices@ yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]

      • bristi ahmed
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
          mm chowdhury, let me know how can i help to people in bd who are having flooded. i want to donate some money. please email me and let me know.

[...]

        • Eng. M. M. Chowdhury (Mithu)
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2007
            Please go to the website www.changebangladesh.com and see the middle left side where you enter the dollar amount and click on the "Donate Now",  then follow the procedure/steps.  You also can send checks and info is in the website.

            I like to thank you for your donation.

            Thanks,
            M. M. CHowdhury

[...]

            M. M. Chowdhury (Mithu), Chemical Engineer, USA