Re: Fwd: Reject the Appeal for Asylum of Mohiuddin in Canada

  • Shamim Chowdhury
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2007
      Mr. Gopal,
      I thank you from bottom of my heart for taking the lead to stop a
      gruesome killer from getting amnesty.

      Wish you the very best my friend.
      Sincerely.
      Shamim Chowdhury
      --- In khabor@yahoogroups.com, gopalsengupta@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 5/31/2007 2:44:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      GopalSengupta
      > writes:
      >

      > May 31, 2007
      >
      > Right Honourable Stephan Harper
      > Prime Minister, Government of Canada
      >
      > Attn:Ms. Dinae Finley
      > Honourable Minister, Citizenship and Immigration
      >
      > Subject: Reject the Appeal for Asylum of convicted self-confessed
      killer

      > Right Honourable,
      >
      > We have come to know from a report of the Toronto Star (May 30,
      2007) that
      > the government of Canada is considering giving Asylum to a (once
      > self-confessed) person by the name of Major (Retd.) Mohiuddin, a
      citizen of Bangladesh. In
      > 1975 Mr. Mohiuddin, in cold blood, participated in the brutal
      killings of
      > Bangabandhu (means 'friend of his people') Sheikh
      > Mujubur Rahman, the then President and founding father of the
      Republic of
      > Bangladesh including most of his family members, the children and
      the unborn.
      > Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was not only a great statesman, a few years
      ago he was
      > adjudged the greatest Bengali (in both Bangladesh and India) ever
      born by a
      > survey by BBC Bengali Radio Service.
      >
      > Trial of this heinous crime started in 1997 and it took two years
      in open
      > court with full legal help on the part of the convicts and
      Mr.Mohiuddin was
      > awarded death sentence, along with a dozen of his co-accomplices,
      in absentia
      > since Mohiuddin was absconding. The case
      > automatically went to the High court for review and the lower
      court verdict
      > was upheld. The appellate division of the Supreme Court has yet
      to hear the
      > appeal and the sentence could be carried out only if the Supreme
      Court upholds
      > the verdict. If Mohiuddin is sent to Bangladesh,
      > he will still have the opportunity to appeal and as such he is
      not going
      > to gallows automatically. All along, the higher judiciary in
      Bangladesh has
> [...]
      > Sheikh Hasina, the former PM and one of the two surviving
      daughters (who has
      > been on Germany on the fateful night) of Mohiuddin's victims.
      >
      > Canada is country where rule of law reins over the rule of
      tyranny; it is
      > believed to be a safe haven for those struggling for upholding
      human rights and
      > the right to life. It must not be transformed into a den for any
      convicted
      > killer who has taken away the right of his fellow human souls'
      right to lives,
      > in cold blood.
      >
      > As a proud Canadian citizen, I fervently appeal to the Government
      of Canada
      > to reject the appeal of Asylum of Mr. Mohiuddin outright,
      reemphasizing once
      > again in clear term that the Canadian Society has no room for

    • Shafiq Bhuiyan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        Many thanks to you Gopal Da,

        Regards,

        Anu

        --
        "Sustha thakon, nirapade thakon ebong valo thakon"

        Shuvechhante,

        Shafiqur Rahman Bhuiyan (ANU)

        86 Unit-B, Avondale Road,
        Avondale
        Auckland - 1026
        NEW ZEALAND.

        Phone: 00-64-9-828 2435 (Res), 00-64-0274  500 277 (mobile)
        E-mail: srbanunz@...

        Subject: Reject the Appeal for Asylum of convicted self-confessed killer

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
          Thank you very much the initiator. The killer or the associates of
          killing innocent women including children must not be pardoned in any
          case.He must be punished for his henous act.

          Sincerely,

          Sultan Ahmad

          --- In khabor@yahoogroups.com, "Shamim Chowdhury" <veirsmill@...>