M/K Fledge Watch - Wednesday - 7/25 (6-7 am)

  • Carol P
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25 4:58 AM
      After the awesome watch we had last night, I decided to get downtown
      early this morning. Well, you know what they say about the early
      bird catching the worm, or in this case the early Watcher spots the
      Peregrine. Dan S had arrived around 5:30 a.m. and he told me I just
      missed seeing Sacajawea and another juvie leaving the gorge to head
      downtown.

      Jeanne joined us and around 6:45 a.m., Dan spotted a Falcon flying
      towards the Kodak Tower. As we watched, a 2nd and then a 3rd Falcon
      followed, kakking loudly. The first Falcon was an adult being
      followed by two very hungry juvies.

      All three flew around the tower, two landed and one headed back to
      the south. I'm fairly certain this was an adult, since a 3rd juvie
      flew up to greet him/her. Not sure if it was M or K.

      When I went into work at 7:00 a.m., the only Falcon I could see was
      sitting out on the communication tower.

      Let's hope that this is another wonderful day for watching.

      Have a great day everyone.

      Carol P.

      p.s. There was still a pile of feathers out on the island below the
      pedestrian bridge. I still have to wonder if one of our juvies
      killed this gull.
    • Joyce
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25 8:01 AM
        --- In kfalconcam@yahoogroups.com, "Carol P" <libbymybird@...> wrote:

        > p.s. There was still a pile of feathers out on the island below the
        > pedestrian bridge. I still have to wonder if one of our juvies
        > killed this gull.

        I joined in the watch from 7:00-8:15 a.m. I saw the falcon on the
        communicaton tower, two kestrels on buildings towards the city, and
        the falcon on HSBC that Barbara has repeatedly seen this morning.

        There is another dead gull on the rocky beach on the island (west side
        of the buuilding). Could our juvies be at it again? I wonder if Linn
        will ground feed on this one too.

        Joyce